Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor - Sun - 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Soligor - Sun - 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Not the most highly regarded of the dozens of Soligor 28mm lenses.
Here is yon lens:

It does do wide open aperture quite well:

Strangely, I think that this is its strength. It doesn't look anywhere near as good stopped down - which is odd.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one with a serial 17****** number and a 58 filter size not 62,the SOLIGOR writing is not as stylized as yours.It is also a T4 mount...I did not like when I first used it,that was a few years ago now. I may take it out and see how it compares to yours...I just have to find which of my other lenses has the T4 mount.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have one with a serial 17****** number and a 58 filter size not 62,the SOLIGOR writing is not as stylized as yours.It is also a T4 mount...I did not like when I first used it,that was a few years ago now. I may take it out and see how it compares to yours...I just have to find which of my other lenses has the T4 mount.

I expect yours will be better Moira.
I think the serial number of yours indicates a Tokina built lens.
Exploring Soligors is like journeying through crazy maze - haha.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty obscure "Sunagor" which looks nearly identical. No coating so pretty flarey, but I have a feeling it might be OK as an effect lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of those, it looks better that it performs, which is a shame as it's a good looking and well built lens. Sometimes I get good results from it, but not always. I don't think there's a problem with the lens as such. More likely a problem with how I'm using it.