Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Industar 50-2 Reply with quote

Hi there,
I just had a look on the Industar 50-2 and it looks to be a very funny lens to play around. They say that is incredible sharp even wide open and it looks very compact one.
Do you have it? Any samples? How would you compare it with other 50 lenses you might have? Do you find it a "creative" lens?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one. Nice and funny.

Mine had problems with flare and low contrast.
You can make a hood out of black film canister.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answer.. and then next question is.. why you do not have it anymore?

Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a tiny and fine lens.
I really like to use my copy with extension tubes for "macro" shots.
The tubes are EOS-M42 with confirm focus which help a lot for critical focus...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a creative lens. It has tessar formula.
Sharp, but may have problem with flare, so hood is welcome.
A very good quality/price ratio IMHO. Also very small and light.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the tessar formula?

Why should I need such lens if I have then a very nice prime already?

Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need..??!

Did that chap up there say "need" ??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love is also some sort of need

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
What is the tessar formula?

Why should I need such lens if I have then a very nice prime already?

Alex

Tessar is 4 elements in 3 groups.

Who told that you need it? Smile
If you love it, it's worth 10 or 15 euros.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one in the 70's - probably the worse standard lens I ever had. Flary and incredibly soft in the corners. It may be ok on crop but not full frame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
thanks for the answer.. and then next question is.. why you do not have it anymore?

it didn't look good Wink Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had it
It's very tiny and lightweight.
Sharpness is good (like most Tessars) but also nothing spectacular and inferior to modern 50mm prime lenses.
Contrast is rather low, "russian colors" and as said it's slightly sensitive to flare.

Due low speed it's not as easy to make artsy bokeh shots as with Helios 44 etc., especially on crop sensors.

It's not bad, it's cheap, it very compact, it's interesting, but definately not a must have.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: I have one - Industar 50-2 Reply with quote

I have one, it cost me £3 and I think for what it is it is amazing.

It may look silly on a DSLR (Pentax K-x) but my version is really sharp and well worth the money.

Industar-50-2 3.5/5 0 complete with front lens cap. It was attached to a Zenit E, and as I already have one of those I didn't really want another one. The man on the stall said if I want just the lens, take it off and give me £3 ($4.67) I didn't refuse or haggle any more on that one and I thanked him for being so kind and generous:

The Industar is extremely sharp for such small lens and I am extremely impressed with it:

You can check our my crazy bargains here: http://forum.mflenses.com/i-should-stop-buying-possibly-yashica-yasinon-d-mount-t58302.html

I have yet to try it on my Pentax Q, but I will get around to doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I have one - Industar 50-2 Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
I have yet to try it on my Pentax Q, but I will get around to doing that.

I think the adapter to mount it on a Q might be bigger than the lens itself.

I have one coming to me soon, along with a Helios 44M in a trade. A Pentax M 50 f2 already feels tiny on the K-5, can't imagine what the Industar will be like.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adapter would be bigger then the Industar 50

https://plus.google.com/photos/108498827340748937615/albums/5721517633551638625?authkey=CPDkju3XquOZQA

It does look silly on a modern(ish) SLR

Mine too is plenty sharp enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
the adapter would be bigger then the Industar 50

https://plus.google.com/photos/108498827340748937615/albums/5721517633551638625?authkey=CPDkju3XquOZQA

It does look silly on a modern(ish) SLR

Mine too is plenty sharp enough.

Do you use catch in focus with that 50-2? I believe the K10D is one that requires shorting the contacts for CIF to work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
I also had it
It's very tiny and lightweight.
Sharpness is good (like most Tessars) but also nothing spectacular and inferior to modern 50mm prime lenses.
Contrast is rather low, "russian colors" and as said it's slightly sensitive to flare.

Due low speed it's not as easy to make artsy bokeh shots as with Helios 44 etc., especially on crop sensors.

It's not bad, it's cheap, it very compact, it's interesting, but definately not a must have.

+1 incredible sharp is quiet funny, somebody didn't tell truth to you. No incredible sharp cheap lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny to buy it. I used it twice and it stays in the drawer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one here which I do not use, anyone want it for a tenner including p&p in the UK