Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1950's Kodak Brownie 620 Model 'D'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: 1950's Kodak Brownie 620 Model 'D' Reply with quote

I was given a Kodak Brownie 620 Model 'D' box camera and I wound off a 120 film then onto a 620 spool and tried it out -- firstly I did some on outdated Ilford Delta 400 with and without a red filter, then I took off the front panel and stuck a piece of black plastic from photo paper with a smaller hole cut into it over the rear of the meniscus lens to 'stop it down' more and results were very sharp -- the 'close-up' lens slider gave best results at about 6 feet away -- not really 'Close-Up' !!

Kodak Brownie by pentaxpete, on Flickr
The RIGHT one had the filter-- not much difference -- I did some 'evening up' in Photoshop 7 of the densities.

Kodak 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
'Open Flash' technique indoors, the close-up lens pulled out, outdated Kodak Vericolor III, Metz 45 CL3 flash

Brownie-05 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Here I held a 3 dioptre close-up lens over the camera lens with the smaller aperture, Metz 45 CL3, as before

Brownie-07 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Here is one of my 'Test' subjects outdoors with the built-in 'close-up lens' at about 6 feet away, film as before.

Brownie test by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these but havent even considered using it yet. Excellent results!

The flash contacts can be used:
Get an extension lead and cut off the 'female' plug end and bare the wires. I have made a pair of plugs using a thick nail which I soldered the contacts to and pushed into the holes - it doesnt matter which. Put insulating tape over the exposed bits. You may find banana plugs work too. If you can get 'em. I've used this method on my Argus C3.

This camera has a fixed shutter speed so It may work or it may not. Trigger the flash while looking thru the back of the camera. You'll know if it works!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that idea to use the flash contacts -- I have many old leads fitting my 1950's-'60's Braun Hobby units and will try it out !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see picture of the Metz 45 - box camera combo when you get it ready. Smile