Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 28-105 176a does B&W
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 28-105 176a does B&W Reply with quote

It was an overcast winter day in the vineyards so these were all intended to be shot for b&w conversion. I freely admit there was quite a bit of PP and the final images aren't to everyone's taste but I do like what this lens does for me.
As a sidebar I at times wonder if those here that comment on the lack of sun to make good images realize that is the perfect day for B&W. I loved such day's when I shot film. No hard contrast to battle. You can truly pull shadow detail where you want it.

DSC03639_edited-1 by stoneman227, on Flickr

DSC03632_edited-1 by stoneman227, on Flickr

DSC03624_edited-1 by stoneman227, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 28-105 176a does B&W Reply with quote

J. Smith wrote:
It was an overcast winter day in the vineyards so these were all intended to be shot for b&w conversion. I freely admit there was quite a bit of PP and the final images aren't to everyone's taste but I do like what this lens does for me.
As a sidebar I at times wonder if those here that comment on the lack of sun to make good images realize that is the perfect day for B&W. I loved such day's when I shot film. No hard contrast to battle. You can truly pull shadow detail where you want it.

Dusk and Sunrise are favorite time for landscape photographers, so you are fine shooting during these periods.
As far as the pictures well this is a "thorny" issue Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The golden hour can be pure magic for both B&W and color but remove the color and low angle light of sunrise and set and ad in the diffused light of an overcast or rainy day and b&w can still hold it's own. I remember an add in one of the photo mags years ago from one of the film companys , some rainy street shot in b&w , that had a pitch line of " It's a Black and White kind of day ".
So just saying don't let bum weather hold you back from putting that new/old lens to the test !