Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.

Four lenses with close the same optical design were produced by Minolta, three of them are AUTO TELE ROKKOR-QE and last fourth is MC TELE ROKKOR-QE



Specifications for later MC via minolta.eazypix.de:

f 100
A max 3.5
A min 22
Elements 5
Groups 4
Filter thread 52
Lens Shade D52NE
close 1.2/4
Dimension 63×54
Weight 240
Year 1966
Style MC I

My copy shows unbelievable IQ and this lens definitely is one of the most unexpected surprises.
tests can be found here


PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.

This is because it's toooo SLOOOOOOOOOW! Laugh 1

Which is only partially a joke, since 100/2.8 is the first lens from my go-to kit to take a nap in the evening.
100/3.5 does indeed look like a fine lens. Thanks for the review.

==============================
That stopped down hexagon brought tears to my eyes.
Minolta guys couldn't do an aperture their glass deserved, even if their life depended on it.
They started with 8. Great.
Got down to 6 very rounded, 2 stops of unobtrusive rounded hexagons. Ok.
6 rounded with one stop of pleasant hexagons. Please stop.
Then came late MD line and took away our last rounded hexagon.
And then they had to merge with Konica.
Don't tell me it's a coincidence Very Happy


PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a very thorough review.
Thank you
Tom


PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-f3-5-100mm-on-lumix-g3-t74642.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-on-x-e1-t71062.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-rokkor-qe-100mm-f3-5-t42346.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mc-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-t69262.html


Last edited by Lightshow on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.


http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-on-x-e1-t71062.html


Hahaha - I know the fella who took those pictures Smile
Tom


PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.


http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-on-x-e1-t71062.html


Hahaha - I know the fella who took those pictures Smile
Tom

I bet you two drink together every now and then... Wink


PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.


http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-on-x-e1-t71062.html


Hahaha - I know the fella who took those pictures Smile
Tom

I bet you two drink together every now and then... Wink

Hahaha - indeed.
And he did want his lens back Smile
Some time later I found an MC Tele Rokkor - PF 2.5/100 but I'm not sure that it is as sharp.
I'll have to post some images from it
Tom


PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

tf wrote:

My copy shows unbelievable IQ and this lens definitely is one of the most unexpected surprises.


I can absolutely confirm that. Only the (much later) Minolta AF 2/100mm is even better.


PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to find an MCII 100/3.5 Macro for my MCII collection.


PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-f3-5-100mm-on-lumix-g3-t74642.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-auto-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-on-x-e1-t71062.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-rokkor-qe-100mm-f3-5-t42346.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mc-tele-rokkor-qe-3-5-100-t69262.html

Only last one about MC, but anyway sorry that I missed it


Lightshow wrote:
I'd like to find an MCII 100/3.5 Macro for my MCII collection.

I'll add a review of that to lensqaworks soon ))


PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

tf wrote:
I wanted to share the link to review of this lens and was surprised to realize that there is no topic on the forum.
Close the gap.

Four lenses with close the same optical design were produced by Minolta, three of them are AUTO TELE ROKKOR-QE and last fourth is MC TELE ROKKOR-QE



Specifications for later MC via minolta.eazypix.de:

f 100
A max 3.5
A min 22
Elements 5
Groups 4
Filter thread 52
Lens Shade D52NE
close 1.2/4
Dimension 63×54
Weight 240
Year 1966
Style MC I

My copy shows unbelievable IQ and this lens definitely is one of the most unexpected surprises.
tests can be found here


That lens is one of the rare gems, one of those sleepers from the past that blows your socks off!


PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Only the (much later) Minolta AF 2/100mm is even better.

Minolta AF 2/100mm is in the class of it's own, but wouldn't you say the 100/2.5 lineup is also a better lenses?


PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the MD 100 mm 2.5 and it's a small and nice lens, good sharpness and brokeh, typically Minolta colors


PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Only the (much later) Minolta AF 2/100mm is even better.

Minolta AF 2/100mm is in the class of it's own, but wouldn't you say the 100/2.5 lineup is also a better lenses?


I have to re-check, but a quick-and-dirty test when i got my MC 3.5/100mm resulted in less CAs than with the later [5/5] MC-X/MD-II 2.5/100mm versions. The earlier [6/5] version of the MC 2.5/100mm has less sharp corners than both the later 2.5/100mm [5/5] and the MC 3.5/100mm.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QE 100mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
aidaho wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Only the (much later) Minolta AF 2/100mm is even better.

Minolta AF 2/100mm is in the class of it's own, but wouldn't you say the 100/2.5 lineup is also a better lenses?


I have to re-check, but a quick-and-dirty test when i got my MC 3.5/100mm resulted in less CAs than with the later [5/5] MC-X/MD-II 2.5/100mm versions. The earlier [6/5] version of the MC 2.5/100mm has less sharp corners than both the later 2.5/100mm [5/5] and the MC 3.5/100mm.

Interesting to hear.

Are we talking about F3.5 vs stopped down to F4 comparison?