Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFLenses Helsinki/Finland Autumn/Winter meet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: MFLenses Helsinki/Finland Autumn/Winter meet Reply with quote

Following the successful Spring meet, I would like to propose an Autumn meet. The more knowledgeable members can propose a location suitable for Autumn!

Should we go for end of October? How about 26 or 27th of October?

Edit: how about Nuuksio as the venue? I can provide transport from Helsinki/Espoo for 4 people+me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested but not sure about that date yet.

Nuuksio looks nice if it is snow or freeze yet, else it is just damn cold. Smile

The new nature centre is already open I think?
edit: http://www.haltia.com/home

edit:
one at Nuuksio from October 22, 2010.
First snowstorm just about 2 hours after this was taken.
Kodak & Distagon 35/2.8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Haltia is open now. I've been twice already, and it is a nice facility. Of course dates are flexible, whatever suits the group!

Was that taken at Haukkalampi?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, before the small island I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from the lack of response, it seems there is not much interest in an autumn/winter meet. Embarassed Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not throw the axe in the well.

Just have to rethink the place and "marketing".
It would be nice if we could spend half a day at some interesting place and the rest half inside?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Let's not throw the axe in the well.

Just have to rethink the place and "marketing".
It would be nice if we could spend half a day at some interesting place and the rest half inside?

Of course! All options are open, time, venue, and format. Half a day outside and half inside sounds good to me. And suggestions regarding all options are welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m sorry that I didn´t respond this in october, but I was very busy last fall, even weekends were full.

But how about starting planning for the next spring meeting? Maybe even Helsinki/Tallinn meeting with Estonian members?

Sometime around 1st May?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know there is still interest! There is a possibility that I'm travelling to Amsterdam that weekend, but if not and if we are flexible on dates, I am in too!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure a very long 1st of may weekend (wed-sun) is the best time to walk around with cameras?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Turku today and visited "JAS tekniikka" camera shop and museum.

It is just ABOSLUTELY AMAZING!!!

They have collected vintage stuff for 20 years and have 15000 (fifteen thousand) vintage camera and lens items, many in the museum but most are for sale.

So would you be interested to make the meeting there? Buses and trains go there almost non-stop, travel time is under 2 hours nowdays I think. Springtime the towns is pretty pictorial too,

One issue: it is not normally open on Saturdays but if we get a decent group they'll open it.

look and drool, I managed to get out of there just with one 5 euro shade, must leave credit card home .. Smile

http://www.wanhatkamerat.fi/kuvat/witriini1_2500.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/jaskamerakauppa?fref=ts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I was in Turku today and visited "JAS tekniikka" camera shop and museum.

It is just ABOSLUTELY AMAZING!!!

They have collected vintage stuff for 20 years and have 15000 (fifteen thousand) vintage camera and lens items, many in the museum but most are for sale.

So would you be interested to make the meeting there? Buses and trains go there almost non-stop, travel time is under 2 hours nowdays I think. Springtime the towns is pretty pictorial too,

One issue: it is not normally open on Saturdays but if we get a decent group they'll open it.

look and drool, I managed to get out of there just with one 5 euro shade, must leave credit card home .. Smile

http://www.wanhatkamerat.fi/kuvat/witriini1_2500.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/jaskamerakauppa?fref=ts

sounds interesting for sure! it may turn out to be a pretty expensive trip though!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I'm not sure a very long 1st of may weekend (wed-sun) is the best time to walk around with cameras?

Maybe you´re right. Perhaps a little later in May?

I will be in Helsinki from 27th to 28th Feb. How about a "planning meeting" in the evening of 27th?

Markku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

I will be in Helsinki from 27th to 28th Feb. How about a "planning meeting" in the evening of 27th?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

A planning meeting on 27th sounds good. So far that evening is free in my calendar.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Gurdie wrote:

A planning meeting on 27th sounds good. So far that evening is free in my calendar.

I´m sorry, I will be in Helsinki from 26th to 27th, not from 27th to 28th.

So the possible meeting should happen on Wed 26th!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm .. must fabricate some excuse for the pre-meeting?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
bhargav wrote:
Gurdie wrote:

This is also fine so far. How about others? Should we decide a venue?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Gurdie wrote:
bhargav wrote:
Gurdie wrote:

This is also fine so far. How about others? Should we decide a venue?

I´m arriving by train, I should be there about 7 pm.

How about a pub somewhere not far from the railway station? Perhaps the Black Door, address Iso Roobertinkatu 1?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 26th and near the railway station would be fine with me.
-keijo-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we´d like to meet near the Hauptbanhof, I suggest either Oluthuone Kaisla, Vilhonkatu 4, or the Vltava, Elielinaukio 2.

Markku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody says different, I unilaterally decide the place to be Oluthuone Kaisla, address Vilhonkatu 4. I´ll be there about 7 pm. Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, nice to meet you all again.
See you at Kaisla tomorrow. Very Happy

Hemmo