Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 28mm 2.8 vs. Hexanon 28mm 3.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Canon 28mm 2.8 vs. Hexanon 28mm 3.5? Reply with quote

I know the Hexanon is a very good lens, but I have bought a very cheap Canon 28mm and need to know if Hexanon is so much better that it would be worth the extra cost to buy it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Canon 28mm 2.8 vs. Hexanon 28mm 3.5? Reply with quote

Eriksen wrote:
I know the Hexanon is a very good lens, but I have bought a very cheap Canon 28mm and need to know if Hexanon is so much better that it would be worth the extra cost to buy it?

No, I don't think so.
The Canon is also very good.
T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon is good, but Hexanon 28/3.5 is not bad unless you need f2.8.

Save for the Hexanon 28mm 1.8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hexanon 3.5/28mm (7 lens) is dirt cheap (here in Switzerland often available for <10.-- CHF/EUR/USD), so you can easily get one in addition to your Canon. I have both lenses, but i never made a side-by-side comparison. I think the Hexanon has less distortion; so for architecture you might consider getting one. Otherwise i don't think it's better than the Canon nFD 2.8/28mm.

hoanpham wrote:
The Canon is good, but Hexanon 28/3.5 is not bad unless you need f2.8.

Save for the Hexanon 28mm 1.8.

I have compared the Hexanon AR 1.8/28mm with the Hexanon 3.5/28mm (7 lens version), and at any given aperture the fast f1.8 version is visibly worse than the slow f3.5 version! Definately no need to buy it unless you are a collector ...

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens in my mailbox today and the Canon was in nearly mint condition. But can it be used as a reverse macro lens, or will I get any problems regarding the aperture blades which can´t be moved except when the lens is attached to the camera?

And I also need a canon to nex adapter in order to use it, but I see on ebay that there are some with steel mounts on both sides and some without (only one piece of material). Which of these will be the best choice?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
I have compared the Hexanon AR 1.8/28mm with the Hexanon 3.5/28mm (7 lens version), and at any given aperture the fast f1.8 version is visibly worse than the slow f3.5 version! Definately no need to buy it unless you are a collector ...

Stephan

Mine is slightly worse at brighter aperture, but still very sharp at focus point. If used to take landscape, the 28/3.5 is winner. It is the same for other manufacturer as well: pentax 28/3.5, nikon ais 28/3.5. Seems like smaller aperture lenses are designed to be sharper/better solution. They are for different purposes. I like the 28/1.8 for it's close range.