Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taylor C. Enl. 100mm f/3.5 marked
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up an enlarging lens by Taylor, a 100mm f/3.5 marked Taylor C. Enl. Anyone know this lens? I bought it because most 100mm enlarging lenses are f/5.6, and it's rare to find even an f/4 (I can't even think of one) let alone f/3.5, so I thought it would be interesting to see what it could do...Ray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cheap Japanese lens Ray. The TT&H enlarging lenses were Entals and Ental IIs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! I just looked at it and the small print does say "Lens Made In Japan". Foiled again. But who knows, maybe it's a good performer. I'll have to test it. Luckily didn't pay too much for it...Ray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a cheap japanese enlarger lens (a triplet from what I know). They just did the clever marketing move and called theír company TAYLOR.

(I split this off, since unrelated...)