Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lightroom for A7 users
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Lightroom for A7 users Reply with quote

As I have LR4 and it doesn't support the Sony A7, will Adobe do the good deed and offer free upgrade to accommodate this or must I go to the expense of buying LR5 in order to use the software?
Anyone? Adobe are quite good at offering me an upgrade at cost to LR5, I just want LR4 to recognise my camera.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm afraid to say you will have to upgrade to LR5 if you want LR to recognise your raw files.
Or, you could convert your raw files to Adobe's free DNG raw format and use those.
Or, do as I did and subscribe to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for less than £9 per month for the two applications.
See here: http://forum.mflenses.com/photoshop-cc-and-lightroom-5-offer-t65238.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Ed, that's what I thought. I've only just got LR4 working, I can still upload JPEGs so that'll do for now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the typical annoying Adode strategy. (I am also a customer, so I am allowed to complain.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they seem determined to squeeze every last penny out of their customers,hey ho. I wanted to use the A7 tethered for indoor shots and it's seems a little odd that you can't get what is basically live view after plugging into the computer. I've had a lot of issues with lightroom for various reasons and only just actually got it up and (so far Shocked ) running only to find out I need another bloody upgrade which I'm reluctant to do for fear of starting another host of issues. The thing is, I'm used to shooting slide film from back in the day so I try to get it right in-camera and not rely on PP but I am now seeing the potential of these programs to rescue a shot. Still, now we have auto bracket and I've been machine gunning to try to nail the right focus and exposure without recourse to the computer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just install the 1 month free LR5 trial and rebuild your PC every month Smile Only kidding! The upgrade is reasonably cheap but a new version must be due soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, the thing is I've read that installation of LR5 removes LR4 from the system so if it turns out to be a lemon I'm stuffed. I can't find the disc, I have a feeling my younger brother has taken it. It wouldn't be the first time either! Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
True, the thing is I've read that installation of LR5 removes LR4 from the system so if it turns out to be a lemon I'm stuffed. I can't find the disc, I have a feeling my younger brother has taken it. It wouldn't be the first time either! Confused

It doesn't remove Lr4 from your computer, so you don't need to worry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, LR4 stays like untouched when you install LR5
I'm lucky! For some reason my LR5.3 RC version is buggy and since I once had an weird error message about registration error or something like that still works today without entering serial etc. (test period is over since months but LR5.3 still works like fully registered) (maybe because I also have a licensed LR4 intalled which I guess somehow interfered) Shocked
Same fun with Nik Software (Silver Efex Plugin for Lightroom etc.), for some reason I have "only 15 days trial left" since more than two years Very Happy
And it's not the first time something like that happens to me
I'm afraid I will have to reinstall my Windows 7 one day, but luckily it still runs smooth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Yes, LR4 stays like untouched when you install LR5
I'm lucky! For some reason my LR5.3 RC version is buggy and since I once had an weird error message about registration error or something like that still works today without entering serial etc. (test period is over since months but LR5.3 still works like fully registered) (maybe because I also have a licensed LR4 intalled which I guess somehow interfered) Shocked
Same fun with Nik Software (Silver Efex Plugin for Lightroom etc.), for some reason I have "only 15 days trial left" since more than two years Very Happy
And it's not the first time something like that happens to me
I'm afraid I will have to reinstall my Windows 7 one day, but luckily it still runs smooth

That sounds encouraging, I think a quick install of the test version is going to happen.
EDIT:
Well, I downloaded the trial version and got the same message I had previously with LR4:

Now I remember why I detest Adobe and their irritating updates and various bollocks.

Funnily enough Adobe helped itself to an instal update on my computer and all of a sudden LR4 worked,perhaps I should wait another 18 months before trying version 5.3

They really**** me off.

Now uninstalled. Adobe can eat my steaming big ones. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got things fixed. The solution was blame everyone else and try all options/upgrades/OS etc. Now I have the 5.3 trial running.