Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Primotar 3.5/135 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Primotar 3.5/135 M42 Reply with quote

When this one popped up for sale, the ad only had one hit, so i was one of the first to see it. Since i do not own or ever have owned a Primotar, and it was missing in my Meyer collection i immediately sent the seller a mail and bought the lens. The fact that it is still boxed made it extra attractive for me.

It arrived today, and i screwed it on an adapter for the 5D at once to give it a quick try. Quite a surprise i must say! I really have to take this one out soon!

I wanted to share some quick shots with you, the ones of my youngest are UNTOUCHED, straight out of camera, no sharpening, no adjustments. Only convert from RAW to JPG. The flowershot had some slight curve correction. All shot at f/5.6.

1. The lens

Meyer Primotar 3.5/135 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats !

Very good results.
A very fine lens for sure.

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference between the Orestor, Orestegor, Telegamor and Primotar?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
What's the difference between the Orestor, Orestegor, Telegamor and Primotar?

Primotar are improved Tessar designs
Telemegor are 4 element designs
Orestegor are 5 element designs
Orestor is also a 5 element design, derived from Sonnar design if i am not mistaken.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orestor: asymmetrical moderate fast long-focus design based on Sonnar, designed on the outset for 35mm format.

Orestegor: air-spaced long-focus design with thin elements, designed for specific formats only, except 500/5.6 which was designed for 6X6 but can be fitted with adaptors for use on 35mm.

Primotar: Tessar-type

Telemegor: classic air-spaced telephoto with cemented doublets.

Note the last two types of lenses were made in different sizes but the same angle of coverage. Therefore they're "large format lenses" in a sense, where the format size is determined by the focal length. For instance, the 180/3.5 Primotar covers 13cm x 18cm (or 5X4) but is also fitted to a focussing unit for use with a 35mm camera as a long-focus lens.