Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

possible to develop 50yr old argusc3 film? SF bay area
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: possible to develop 50yr old argusc3 film? SF bay area Reply with quote

I know it's a longshot, but I have an old Argus c3 of my grandfathers, probably last used in the early to mid 60's and probably purchased in the early 50's.

I know it's possible that he just didn't reset the winding dial, and maybe it doesn't even have any film of it, but there does seem to be tension; So basically I'm wondering if there's any chance of developing the film that (may) be inside, and if anyone knows somewhere in the bay area where I might have that done by careful hands. It's not a huge deal, but he passed away a few years ago and it could be nice for my grandmother. My e-mail is briancbrennan@gmail.com

Thanks all!
-Brian

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome briancbrennan

http://www.filmrescue.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. It is likely to be a C22 or earlier process and modern labs are set up to deal with C41. It may work but the best bet would to get it developed in black and white chemistry as Tri-X in D76 (in my experience) and take it from there.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewind the film so you can remove it from the camera and see what kind of film it is. The bottom knob is the rewind knob, rewind until the film counter stops spinning.