Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-44 2/58 (13 blades)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Helios-44 2/58 (13 blades) Reply with quote

M39 silver Ге́лиос 44 2/58 KMZ 13 blades

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, so I have a question, does your lens flare badly with the sun near the frame? Mine throws up some nasty purple flare/reflections very easily, such that I have never used it beyond a few tests, I also have a 44-2 that has no flare like that, so I'm thinking it may be that an element is in backwards or something, and I've been wanting to open it up and take a look but wanted to get some feed back first, now I have my chance.
Picture 9: looks like yours is very resistant to flare.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't do worse than #9....

Mind you, it wasn't wide open...

I should ad that i always use a hood...

Last edited by Mir on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll that settles it, I'm going to open mine up and see if an element is in backwards, I know the rear most element is hard to tell which side is which.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuck on a bellows.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those shots using the bellows are nice. I should try it with mine! Thanks for sharing. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, veery nice.
Must be an indoor spring time. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I have the same lens, so I have a question, does your lens flare badly with the sun near the frame? Mine throws up some nasty purple flare/reflections very easily, such that I have never used it beyond a few tests, I also have a 44-2 that has no flare like that, so I'm thinking it may be that an element is in backwards or something, and I've been wanting to open it up and take a look but wanted to get some feed back first, now I have my chance.
Picture 9: looks like yours is very resistant to flare.

Mir wrote:
Won't do worse than #9....
Mind you, it wasn't wide open...
I should ad that i always use a hood...

Lightshow wrote:
We'll that settles it, I'm going to open mine up and see if an element is in backwards, I know the rear most element is hard to tell which side is which.
Thanks.

Well I opened up my 44 today and cleaned and reset the elements....
looks like there are some variations, my 44 looks like this.

and my 44-2's look like this.

The crazy purple flare has been reduced by 80%?
So I' much happier with the lens, at least it will see some use now.

Last edited by Lightshow on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. The 44 series of Russian lenses are in my opinion very adaptable and special lens ( Cheap as well Very Happy

I have a 44-6 and it is one of my favorite lenses, Many years ago I used it on a Sigma SD-9 and it produced some of my most stunning pics. Thanks for sharing these.

Regards,

Gavin