Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mflenses Helsinki 18.5. Spring party / Kevätjuhla / Vårjippo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Mflenses Helsinki 18.5. Spring party / Kevätjuhla / Vårjippo Reply with quote

Here is the origin of this:
http://forum.mflenses.com/greetings-from-helsinki-t57145,start,15.html

Opening discussion.

Last edited by kansalliskala on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about at Helsinki, Saturday, 11th or 18th May?

I have to visit Helsinki regularly almost every week, so an evening in May would also suit me fine. The sun only sets about nine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Here is the origin of this:
http://forum.mflenses.com/greetings-from-helsinki-t57145,start,15.html

Opening discussion.

Many thanks!

Quote:
How about at Helsinki, Saturday, 11th or 18th May?

I have to visit Helsinki regularly almost every week, so an evening in May would also suit me fine. The sun only sets about nine.

Happy with both dates.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great I look forward your images!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea, this meet. For me, Saturday 18th of May (Ravintolapäivä, pop-up Restaurant Day) would work better as I can't attend if arranged on May 11th (Sat 11th of May I am on a photo assignment).

If arranged on May 18th I will be happy to reserve my studio in Rööperi for Mflenses members' use - studio photography with vintage lenses and some red wine to complete a full day photo walk?

edited: May 19th wildlife photography roadtrip to Kuhmo is now fully booked Smile

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very nice offers Vilhelm! Very Happy

Both those days are ok for me and from these first messages is seems, that maybe we could look for the 18th at may.
Hope that many of you here can participate to this our nice upcoming meeting at may.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Excellent idea, this meet. For me, Saturday 18th of May (Ravintolapäivä, pop-up Restaurant Day) would work better as I can't attend if arranged on May 11th (Sat 11th of May I am on a photo assignment).

If arranged on May 18th I will be happy to reserve my studio in Rööperi for Mflenses members' use - studio photography with vintage lenses and some red wine to complete a full day photo walk?

edited: May 19th wildlife photography roadtrip to Kuhmo is now fully booked Smile

Many many thanks Vilhelm for your generous offer! I am OK for 18th of May. Looking forward to meeting all! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Many many thanks Vilhelm for your generous offer! I am OK for 18th of May. Looking forward to meeting all! Smile

+1.

From the member list I count 60 (yes, sixty) forum members, who have listed their location in Finland. Probably every one cannot attend this meet, but if we get 50, Vilhelm must start stocking the wine. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Confused Laughing mmkay also space available may be a thing to consider, the studio can comfortably fit a crew of about 10 but if more then the rest need to occupy the kitchen Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if 10 people show up.

(That said, you can add me to the count.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Is it 18th then? Reply with quote

The both dates suites me, but looks like the 18th would be preferable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about fixing a metting place and time? Suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:

May 18th now fixed I think.

(taking liberty to do this because I started this topic)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Gurdie wrote:

May 18th now fixed I think.

(taking liberty to do this because I started this topic)

Yes, I think May 18th is the date. I have put it in my calendar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I reserved this in my calendar. Any ideas for program, photo walk or meet somewhere at what time?

Afterwards a round-up at my studio on Albertinkatu?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, May 18th reserved in the calendar.

How about Suomenlinna, or is it already too familiar for you Helsinki-based members?

Meeting at Kauppatori ferry terminal at 12:45? The ferry leaves at 13:00.

I´m open to suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I reserved this in my calendar.

..and as Vilhelm earlier told, it also happens to be pop up restaurant day http://www.stadissa.fi/tapahtumat/31809/ravintolapaiva . So maybe we can eat first something delicious at some of those street restaurants and if it's nice weather, then go to Suomenlinna for a some kind photgraphing picnic and then later to Vilhem's studio to enjoy all those his wine cellars excellent treasures. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baby-sitting the day, I think I will join you in the afternoon due to family obligations earlier in the day.

hemmo wrote:
and then later to Vilhem's studio to enjoy all those his wine cellars excellent treasures. Laughing Laughing

"his wine cellar's" = Alko Hietalahdenranta
"excellent treasures" = good price/quality

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
Meeting at Kauppatori ferry terminal at 12:45? The ferry leaves at 13:00.

Is this a bit late? 11:45?

Vilhelm, when will you be able to let people at your place?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Vilhelm, when will you be able to let people at your place?

I'm baby-sitting the day... Between 5pm and 6pm I'll be able to open the studio.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideas for studio programme? Photo model? (Model fee not included in hospitality)

I'm awaiting some equipment to arrive (roof rails, motorized background) and they should be here by May 18th (knock knock), but anyway there is a medium-sized infinity wall (4x4x4 meters) and about a dozen of flashes and light modifiers to use. If your camera is equipped with a flash shoe or sync socket then we can trigger the studio lights (I regularly use 1936 Zeiss Super Ikonta with 2013 Elinchrom studio lights).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great programme taking shape now! Looking forward to it. This street food popup restaurants sound exciting! So are we meeting at 11.45 or 12.45?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All times are ok for me.

..and personally I can offer also for the meeting place my flat at Kruununhaka (about 300m walk from here to the ferry to Suomenlinna) where you can see a little bit different kind studio than later at Vilhelm's. My 'studio' is in my small living room with some kind backround curtain system with 3 red head lamps (you can almost see it all from my avatar Laughing ).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
..and personally I can offer also for the meeting place my flat at Kruununhaka (about 300m walk from here to the ferry to Suomenlinna) where you can see a little bit different kind studio than later at Vilhelm's. My 'studio' is in my small living room with some kind backround curtain system with 3 red head lamps (you can almost see it all from my avatar Laughing ).

This is getting even more interesting.

I thought that ferrry to Suomenlinna was longer but it is just 15 minutes so not that much time had to be reserved for that. If the place is too familiar we could change it to something: suggestions? (although it is my favourite place in Helsinki and imagine lot of photography subjects there)

looks like these alternatives for schedule

Hemmo's place (when?)
pop-up restaurant's
Suomenlinna
Vilhelm's place around 5-6

or

Hemmo's place (when?)
Suomenlinna
pop-up restaurant's
Vilhelm's place around 5-6

Are these pop-ups such places that there really is something to eat later in the afternoon or are they all empty of food at 1?

If we have too much time in the afternoon we can sit a while a Punavuoren Ahven maybe, it is right around the corner of Vilhelm's place if I got it right?