Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Vivitar 200mm 1:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Old Vivitar 200mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Hello Everybody

I got a Vivitar 200mm Auto Telephoto No.28419852. What kind of adaptor I need for Canon Eos?

[img]

Thanks
Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Old Vivitar 200mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

danimihut wrote:
Hello Everybody

I got a Vivitar 200mm Auto Telephoto No.28419852. What kind of adaptor I need for Canon Eos?

[img]

Thanks
Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Konica AR mount, unfortunately you won't be able to mount it on your Canon since Konica's flange distance is shorter than Canon's.
You have 3 options:
Try to modify the lens if it is possible and use some cheap Canon adapter as a new mount
Buy some mirrorless camera and a proper adapter
Sell this lens and buy the one that you can adapt to Canon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Soligor 200/3.5 which I think is branded as Vivitar as well, but not sure if it's the same one as yours. If so, it has a T4 mount and you can change the mount of the lens to another such as an M42 or Nikon which fits your Canon EOS cameras.

But based on the photos you provided the lens doesn't seem be the T4 version. Would be nice if someone here can verify.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:

But based on the photos you provided the lens doesn't seem be the T4 version. Would be nice if someone here can verify.

This Vivitar is made by either Komine or Kiron and it doesn't have interchangeable mount. T4 or TX mounts are Tokina's patent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For EOS this looks like it will be a difficult conversion.
It will not be sufficient to replace the mount plate.
Not only is there a considerable lip overlapping the mount plate, there is a barrel extension to compensate for the shallow back focus of the Konica.

The barrel will have to be substantially cut down to adjust this to the Canon register.

Considering the low cost of the same or similar lenses in more compatible mounts, it would be better to just buy another in M42, Nikon, etc.

Even one in Canon FD mount is much easier to convert.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there alread has someone tried to "adapt" the lens, if i look at the missing screws and the hole in the flange, or something is defect and probably not repaired
the lens value is more or less the same as the adapters value, so i support either way to use/try its function on a mirrorless cam or sell it
i have the T4/TX version, it is very sharp in the center, but in the end nothing really special