Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco Gottingen Westron 35mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Isco Gottingen Westron 35mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I bought this lens for my little Braun family. I have used it several times on the Brauns and got a lot of flare. I thought it was a fingerprint on the lens - but no its clean.

Here are some shots I took today with my NEX. The subject matter was a specific project then I wondered how the Westron would cope with the contrast.

First is Orchids against a black background. Taken with my little Polish PZO MIkar 55mm f4.5 enlarging lens:

now the Westron from the closest focus distance - no crop, at full aperture:

and one thru the window

stopping the lens down makes no difference.

Is this a characteristic of the lens or a fault. It is practically useless for normal work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to clean it, looks like a little dusty to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it may not as good as the SLR version, it should not be a lemon either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too. Nice little lens. Pretty good IQ too Wink

Your lens does not look healthy, any marks on the screws? or fungus? Surprised

http://forum.mflenses.com/isco-gottingen-westron-13-5-35-m39-braun-paxette-t59372,highlight,%2Bwestron.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly it has already been cleaned to death. I have an ISCO lens that looks fine at first glance but the glass has had a million tiny scratches scrubbed into it, and the results look like the results here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dust on it now is from bad storage. Here are a couple of shots taken last october on my Paxette:

The lens itself appears clean and clear to the naked eye, no spots or specks, but I looked again using a loupe and I can see the whole lens covered in a fine network of fungus threads.

Bugger.

However it doesnt look too hard to get into to clean it. Hope it works!

Thanks for the help

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it looked typical fungus`ish or very, very scratched as Mos mentioned. I recall that the lens itself have a tiny bit of "bloom", but not close to the samples from your lens, just look at my samples.

Good luck with the cleaning.

Cheers
Lars