Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Amazing Colour Ifra-Red Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Amazing Colour Ifra-Red Film Reply with quote

I've shot a lot of infra-red colour film but have never seen a motion picture film made with it. Stunning work which illustrates the war torn life in the Congo in a most poignant way.

http://vimeo.com/67115692#

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing, I really like the style. Very surreal!
Thanks for posting Very Happy
Cheers
Timo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Mosse is an interesting person, met him in person to talk about his future projects.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting work! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, and I like how the green turn red, it seems blood in some way

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word:amazing. two words:very amazing. three words: the most amazing. It is the second time that I seen it, but I am shocked again. A wow friend told me a link and I saw it, the first feeling is that it is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's so amazing - that someone exploits a war and the pain of people to his benefit?
Yes, the colors are quiet unique, but what does that change about the subject??

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
What's so amazing - that someone exploits a war and the pain of people to his benefit?
Yes, the colors are quiet unique, but what does that change about the subject??

If he was willing to risk his life for it? I have no problem with that.

I don't call that exploitation, any more than Nick Ut getting known for his photograph of Kim Phuc running naked amid other fleeing villagers in Vietnam.

EIR is very difficult to work with under any circumstances. In war, wow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a very good and worthy film? but I couldn't be bothered to watch more than a couple of minutes. The film is more about the 'effect' than the story, it's distracting and annoying.

I watch documentaries, I like to think I take interest in the world around me so that I can make decisions and judgements about what I do and who I vote for. There's a good chance that film would be something that I would watch, but not in that format. Absolutely pointless, it adds nothing and detracts plenty.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in my opinion too. It is about an "effect", false color in that case" used to get attraction and draw people in. It is NOT about a truthful (if that is possible) documentary about what is going on there.

Just my 2 cts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the novel use of color will make more people look at the pictures and therefore further spread the story of the war. This is what photojournalists do, and he did it artistically to boot. Hats off to him.