Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 135 f/2.5 and Fujinon 55 f/2.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Fujinon 135 f/2.5 and Fujinon 55 f/2.2 Reply with quote

I picked up these two lenses in near mint condition with m42 mount. I can't seem to find much information on the net about them. They seem to be rare (and relatively expensive?). Are they worth anything? Are they any good? You have to screw them a bit loose from the adapter in order to turn the aperture ring when mounted on my Canon Eos. I haven't had the opportunity to do more than a quick test out my window due to heavy rain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 135mm f2.5 is a bit faster than the standard f2.8 that most makers produced, so that makes it interesting; but only really if it gives good results wide open. Otherwise there are plenty of good f2.8 options.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.5/135 has a good reputation, and it's quite expensive. I remember seeing very good samples from it, probably on this forum too.
In general, all the EBC fujinons I have had (3.5/28, 2.8/35, 1.4/50, 1.8/55, 3.5/135) were at least above average.
You can't screw them in in a standard m42 adapter because of a little metal tab on the aperture ring that is needed to communicate selected aperture when the lens is mounted on a fujica body. Many users grind this little tab off to allow infinity focus on normal adapters.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some adapter can let you use the lens, like this Click here to see on Ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can mount the lens with my adapters. They press the pin - but I cannot turn the aperture ring. Do you think that the linked to adapter would solve this?

By the way if I were to sell the two lenses and the camera what would be a fair price for each part?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scheindk wrote:
I can mount the lens with my adapters. They press the pin - but I cannot turn the aperture ring. Do you think that the linked to adapter would solve this?

By the way if I were to sell the two lenses and the camera what would be a fair price for each part?

There is the auto aperture pin - shiny and near the rear glass which depresses with the adapter.
There is also a projecting tang on the edge of the aperture ring which is a part of it and rotates with it.
Unless the lens is going to be used with the Fuji film camera, most of us who want to use the lens on a DSLR simply file it off.
This will likely be fouling against something when the lens is screwed in and preventing the aperture ring from turning.
The best way to check for value is to search on ebay for sold listings - a good market guide usually.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can read here

The EBC Fujinon-T 2.5/135mm has a good reputation...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a technical point of view, the Fujinon 135mm F2.5 is a basic lens with 5 elements and 4 groups, that is, is has nothing too special relative to other good 135mm F2.8 from the same period. Fuji also had a slower 135mm lens with F3.5 aperture. The prices of these Fujinon in 1979 were as follows:

Fujinon EBC 135mm F2.5: 97 GBP
Fujinon EBC 135mm F3.5: 80 GBP

Just for the sake of comparison, the prices of other lenses of the same kind in 1979:

Canon FD 135mm F2.5: 162 GBP
Canon FD 135mm F3.5 115 GBP

Nikkor 135mm F2.8: 177 GBP
Nikkor 135mm F3.5: 134 GBP

Rokkor 135mm F2.8: 127 GBP
Rokkor 135mm F3.5: 99 GBP

Zuiko 135mm F2.8: 179 GBP
Zuiko 135mm F3.5: 128 GBP

Jupiter 11A 135mm F4: 34.50 GBP

Pentacon EDC 135mm F2.8: 44.50 GBP
Pentacon PD135mm F2.8: 20.95 GBP

Zeiss Jena S 135mm F3.5: 47.50 GBP

Tele Elmar M 135mm F4: 298 GBP

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm F2.8: 194.78 GBP

Sigma Pantel 135mm F2.8: 59.95 GBP

Today the prices of these lenses on the used market are upside down. For example, the Pentacon PD earned the nickname "bokeh monster" and its price soared. In its time, this lens had virtually no value.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to file down the extra metal pin and now it fits the adapter perfectly making it possible to turn the aperture ring.

I'll be trying to sell this lens on Ebay or a Danish equivalent but if anyone in here is interested they can PM me with a bid. The lens is in very good condition indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the EBC Fujinon T 135mm 2.5. It`s pretty rare and Fujinons are acheiving good used prices because of their IQ and excellent coatings for the era. Market it well and you might be surprised at what you get, the 55mm 2.2 not so much.

I can only compare the IQ with others I have used and it`s sharper with more natural colours than my other MF 135mms and there`s some very good company there. There are few completed or sold listings on the 135mm as it really doesn`t show up often...in very good condition they can go for £120 upwards, badly marketed and advertised you could get very little, that`s the vagaries of ebay!

Take some nice shots with it and of it, show it off, auction it to a wide audience over the longest period possible and end it on a saturday or sunday evening!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the 55mm f1.8 and my 1st impressions are compering it to my FDn 50mm 1.4 with canon at F2 and the fuji at 1.8 the fuji has better/smother bokeh has less fringing and maybe as sharp or sharper but need more testing