Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smc Pentax 28mm f3.5 Pentax K
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Smc Pentax 28mm f3.5 Pentax K Reply with quote

I bought two lenses.

1- konica 35/2,8 AR.

2- SMC PENTAX K 28/3,5

They will came the next week, I guess.

The konica is a good lena.

About the smc pentax k 3,5/28 any reference. I found nice images in the net. Your experience? Pros and cons?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is similar to the SMC 28/3.5 M42 mount. A very good lens which works well on my Sony A7.
You will find much feedback on Pentax forum.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank yoi Philippe.

I will go there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oupps! I check it out. The K mount has 8 elements and the older M42 7 elements.
my opinion is based on the M42. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC PENTAX K 28/3,5 is one of the best 28mm lenses around. It's rather big and heavy for a slow moderate wide angle. Pentax built it as an ultimate landscape lens rather than a cheap alternative to faster glass (as was the case with SMC Pentax-M 28/2.8 and 28/3.5 variants). If this is the "K" version, you can't go wrong with it.

Note: it's a different (better) lens compared to SMC Takumar 28/3.5. It's also better than the later versions (SMC Pentax-M 28/2.8, 28/3.5, and SMC Pentax-A 28/2.8, although the "A" version comes close in terms of performance). Prooflink: http://www.takinami.com/yoshihiko/photo/lens_test/pentax_28-30.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too (SMC Pentax 3.5/2Cool , it`s just WOW, alot of contrast & resolution!
Much better than the SMC Takumar 3.5/28 or the Pentax-M 2.8/28.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of reviews here http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/?p=3039

In my opinion the lens is not bad. But the M 28 2.8 II and A 28 2.8 are sharper at wider apertures. The 3.5 models (K and M) are good at F11 with almost no CA and good contrast and colors. I shot one film with this lens once - awsomness! Great colors and contrast. On digital it is good too but many zoom lenses from nowadays are sharper.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On full frame digital cameras ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Mercure 28= Pentax-Takumar 28 Reply with quote

it seems that the Alpa Merfcure 28, identical to one of the Asahi Takumar 28s was accepted as having a fairly flat field and reasonable resolution since it was used in the Alpa repro device.

p

Last edited by paulhofseth on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC PENTAX K 28/3,5 ? Best 28mm lens I have ever owned, a true classic. NO corners cut in manufacture. Do not sell unless really desperate.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax F 28mm f2.8 razor sharp wide open and up, beautiful lens but expensive $300 plus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Smc Pentax 28mm f3.5 Pentax K Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
I bought two lenses.

1- konica 35/2,8 AR.

2- SMC PENTAX K 28/3,5

They will came the next week, I guess.

The konica is a good lena.

About the smc pentax k 3,5/28 any reference. I found nice images in the net. Your experience? Pros and cons?

the pentax K 28/3.5 got a really nice rendering, great microcontrast and sharpness, one the the best in that focal at that price range

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Pentax F 28mm f2.8 razor sharp wide open and up, beautiful lens but expensive $300 plus.

What is Pentax F ? I cannot find it on Pentax forum. Is it a FF or APS-C lens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
kryss wrote:

Pentax F are the first line of AF Pentax lenses, they are FF. Pentax lenses made for APS-C are called 'DA'
The F lenses are featured at Pentaxforum: http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-F-Lenses-c29.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ollas kloar ! *
I was focused on manual focus lenses.
Thanks

* Neun Jahre in Wien ! I saw some of your pictures......nostalgy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
Ollas kloar ! *
I was focused on manual focus lenses.
Thanks

* Neun Jahre in Wien ! I saw some of your pictures......nostalgy.

na des g'freit mi owa, best greetings to Poland Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some images from this lens on Fujifilm X-E1
OH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the little Pentax on my morning walk.
The weather was cloudy and dull but the lighting was gentle.
Here are some pics.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I picked one up recently and haven't really tried it out properly. I shall certainly do that now. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Very nice, I picked one up recently and haven't really tried it out properly. I shall certainly do that now. Like 1 small

Thank you David.
This might be only Pentax's second best 28mm lens after the "Hollywood", but I find it to be awesome.
Here is another picture from this morning.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
kryss wrote:

The new Pentax line of FF lenses are marked D-FA here's a link to the lenses. https://www.pentaxforums.com/lenssearch/?format=ff&series%5B%5D=D+FA

The F lenses SMC Pentax-F

First generation autofocus lenses
Sub-categhory: F* (professional)
Image format covered: 24 x 36 mm
Suitable for APS-C digital sensor format and 24 x 36 mm "full frame" format
Autofocus with screw drive system
Aperture ring
Automatic aperture setting is available*
In production: No

Lenses in this series work just like FA lenses.

The F series consisted of 20 lenses is now fully discontinued.

The F series also includes 3 "star" lenses that employ the finest of Pentax optical and mechanical engineering.

*Exceptions: The smc PENTAX-F Soft 85mm F2.8 and smc PENTAX-F Soft 28mm F2.8 lenses have no "A" setting on the aperture ring. Hence they work like smc PENTAX-M lenses with respect to exposure; they are still autofocus. The "A" setting has been removed because the degree of image softness is controlled by the aperture ring and it would be meaningless to let the camera decide the setting.

A, F, FA and D FA lenses work on all Pentax bayonet cameras ever produced. Exceptions: 1) A lenses do not work on the MZ-60/ZX-60, 2) the D FA 100mm F2.8 WR and newer D FA lenses have no aperture ring which restricts their use on some film cameras.

FA J, DA and DA L lenses only work on cameras which can control the aperture (since these lenses have no aperture ring). DA lenses should only be used on cameras with an APS-C sized sensor (16 x 24 mm) with the exception of the DA*200mm F2.8, DA*300mm F4, and DA 560mm F5.6, which can also be used on 24 x 36mm full-frame cameras.

DA lenses having the KAF4 mount only works on cameras which can control the aperture electronically (K-50, K-S1, K-3 and newer).

M and K lenses work on all cameras except the MZ/ZX-30, MZ/ZX-50 and MZ/ZX-6. They work with limitations on the *ist film camera. They work with stop-down metering on the *ist D series and K series digital SLRs provided that a custom function is set appropriately.

This old F lens will work perfect with your APS-C format.

HERE'S A LINK FOR SOME GENERAL INFO:
http://www.mosphotos.com/PentaxLensesExplained.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a Takumar-f Cheaper version of the F line without SMC coating or the Pentax brand name. To call these lenses takumar causes confusion to this day especially with People looking for a 135mm F2.5 Takumar :p.

I have Both the S-M-C Takumar 28mm F3.5 Pentax-m 28mm F3.5 and the Pentax-a 28mm F2.8. I like the Pentax-m best of those three.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
That is a Takumar-f Cheaper version of the F line without SMC coating or the Pentax brand name. To call these lenses takumar causes confusion to this day especially with People looking for a 135mm F2.5 Takumar :p.

I have Both the S-M-C Takumar 28mm F3.5 Pentax-m 28mm F3.5 and the Pentax-a 28mm F2.8. I like the Pentax-m best of those three.

Yes, Pentax can be a bit of a terminology maze sometimes.
And just to be clear - none of your lenses nor the one above are the SMC Pentax (K) 28mm f3.5
Good old Pentax - making things difficult Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

It's just an example, but in any case that lens works fine for a cheap find. They can be had for 20.00 on eBay, plenty of samples out there from this lens and at 20.00 dollars it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some further examples from this fine lens
Tom