Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 55mm f2 on FED 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 55mm f2 on FED 3 Reply with quote

A boring day off so out came the tools.

Yes, an M42 lens on the RF camera. I have built the adapter using my L39 to NEX adapter as base, calibrating the focus. The distance scale appears to agree with the focus. Naturally it doesn't couple with the RF but scale focus will be good as I'm used to it. A separate RF would help.

I have a film in my Zorki 2C, I'll road test it on that as the FED appears to be a little temperamental.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it. I'm looking forward to seeing results.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the only other thing that tempted me today at Dagfields antique and crap emporium, a Takumar 55 / 2 with jammed stop down button and bent filter ring on a Spotmatic F with a dead battery. For £18 ? that's still there as well!

I've already got two of those lenses, and they are very good. It's a genuinely good cheap, common, easily available lens, what's not to like about it?
Well done for getting it mounted on the Fed Phil, I look forward to the results.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent shot any film on the FED yet but I used the adapter to put my 28mm Soligor on my Zorki 2C just one of a couple of shots. This was taken focused at 20 feet and f8. Supermarket scan.

I'm quite happy with the results. I plan to scan the negs and see quite how sharp it is but the couple of shots I took look good to me. Using the NEX as a testbed was invaluable.

I originally made the adapter to take Minolta MD lenses (to use my 21mm) but managed to bugger up the bayonet so I modded an M42 to MD adapter and glued it in.

I'd like to give it another go but getting an M39 thread is difficult for M42 I use a reversing ring or T mount.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work Phil! The 2/55 S.Tak on the FED looks simply beautiful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have so many old cameras with film in I havent had time to shoot with this combo yet.

I have found a source of M42 to M39 adapters, naturally it is too short to use properly but a short extension tube may do the trick. look out in DIY for my adapter.

Click here to see on Ebay