Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unknown lens mount, request for recognition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

Long ago in a set with different lenses, there was a modified minolta rokkor 50.1.7 for an unknown mount.
What is the lens mount?

More photos:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/ggzedur6/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

siudym wrote:
Long ago in a set with different lenses, there was a modified minolta rokkor 50.1.7 for an unknown mount.
What is the lens mount?

Czołem! Smile
Considering the small diameter and the decreased F2F distance (register), I would guess that it's some sort of rangefinder mount (guess is the important word here).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

siudym wrote:
What is the lens mount?

Now the more I look at it, the more I suspect this is an Exacta mount (the key word here is suspect - some small progress on the road to certainty).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shaped like Exakta but is too small, and Exakta has a locking pin that I don't see in these pics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I interpret your photos correctly, then the diameter of the mount is 44mm, correct? This list:

https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

lists mounts by register but also shows their diameter. If the converted lens is made to reach infinity focus, the register of the mount should be 8 to 10mm less than Minolta SR mounts 43.72mm. So maybe the original 4/3 mount (not micro)?