Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY Film reproduction equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: DIY Film reproduction equipment Reply with quote

Recently, my family sorted out nearly Thousands of films 135 120 negatives spanning 70-80 years, which need to be remade. In more

than a month, I have referred to dozens of relevant videos from dozens of video websites around the world, and I have purchased and

produced the following remake equipment in two weeks.

Please give us more advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep us informed of your results, especially the way you post-process your color negatives. I've found them to require quite a bit of tweaking and I have been unsuccessful entirely at converting Kodak Ektar negatives using post-processing software, such as Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.

For duplicating equipment, I prefer using a high-rez flatbed scanner for 120 and larger negatives and slides, and for 35mm I prefer using my 24.3 mp digital camera with macro lens and various attachments to achieve 1:1 duplicates.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DIY Film reproduction equipment Reply with quote

laenee wrote:

Please give us more advice.

Nice work.

I have one suggestion: incorporate some metal shielding here and there, ideally bonded to ground. In particular the plastic mask you made for the LED lamp I would suggest to replace with a metal one, if feasible, with some protection added against scratching the film/negatives.

As you can see in the images, a full plastic set-up builds up a static charge as you move & slide the various components around, and this attracts significant amounts of dust.

Minimising dust in the copy setup is far preferable to having to remove it all in post-processing.

This is one of the reasons I prefer older photographic equipment made of metal; in comparison their modern plastic counterparts are real dust magnets.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice.

Send two photos of my respected parents in the 1970s and 1990s. It was remade during the production and adjustment of the equipment.

For color film, as long as the brightness of the light source is sufficient, the film can be washed normally. After the three color channels in

LR are adjusted respectively, the film can be produced without color deviation.

In many videos, LED flat panel is used as light source. I think it is the main reason for the decline of color and definition because of

insufficient brightness.

There is no doubt that in the same scene, the color and clarity of F11 1 / 300s in sunny days and F11 1 / 8s in cloudy days are different.