Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Orestor 135mm with clickles variable aperture?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Orestor 135mm with clickles variable aperture? Reply with quote

Hi bought a Orestor 135mm with worn exterior but with good fuktion and fine glass for 16Euro,did I paid too much? The lens aperture has no click stops which my Orestor 100mm had,do these lenses usually have variable aperture or is this a minor defeckt with my ex? Seems to be a nice lens with soft backround blur and it is sharper than I expected.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, this lens is a pre-set, meaning there are no click stops when you open and close aperture. If your copy is in good condition, it's well worth the price you paid.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a preset lens you "click-in" (= preset) aperture with one ring and another allows you to stepless ("click less")
open - close to that preset value.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just one aperture ring,I know how presets work I previously owned a J9.It`s a Mayer if there is any difference between those and the newer Pentacon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My early Pentacon 135 has no click stops, so I think yours is by design as well. I think it actually makes the preset feature a little faster to operate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebra or later lens? Aperture setting at which end of lens?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a zebra with the aperture ring at the front.