Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Bergheil with Heliar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Bergheil with Heliar Reply with quote

Few weeks ago, I bought this little gem. Overall in good condition, except for the shutter, that fired only with one time. Today, I got that shutter back from repair and it works again like a charme.
Now keeping my eyes open for a developing tank for 6x9cm glass plates. I have several still sealed plates for this format.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely little gem, indeed!
And the fact that you still have some sealed 6x9 glass plates makes it really exciting to play with it. Ages ago I played with some 4x5 glass plates, but I ended up developing them in a tray, like the photographic paper, in red light (they were orthochromatic).

Some time ago I had a 6x9 Bergheil, but it was a little different than yours. Mine had different horizontal and vertical front movements, each with its adjustment knob. Yours looks like having 2 vertical adjustment knobs, one on top of the other. How do they work?

P.S.
Looking closer I can see that yours have a horizontal adjustment lever, as well.
Are the 2 vertical adjustment knobs just a design element?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
A lovely little gem, indeed!

Are the 2 vertical adjustment knobs just a design element?

Yes, the lower one is for the adjustment, the other one contains the level.

Guess I will end up developing in complete darkness when developing in a tray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, I bought the same camera on the local market for something like $92. Perfect condition, and the shutter, of the different kind – Compur which the large ring.

I succeeded to clean up the lens (even was able to disassembly the firs component), which had been little foggy. Now it is like the crystal.

Fortunately I have the roll film back for it in my storages in the format of 6x7 (with the automatic firm winding). Already succeeds in adjusting of the meter scale for that back. However, the mate glass needs the adjustment yet. Not too difficult, but need the free time.

Am going to try it as sun as possible using the scale, and the ragefiner.