Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shutter Life Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Shutter Life Database Reply with quote

http://www.olegkikin.com/shutterlife/

Well, this is an interesting find. I'll cross-post it on the Pentax Forums, too. My K-7 is at 95,425 actuations (or fairly near that) right now. So it's beyond the bell curve.

Check out the EOS 1DS MkII and MkIII for some eye-popping ceiling numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Submitted by Seth Sabal
Clicks: 1,832,381
Shutter still alive: Yes

34) Submitted by andrew
Clicks: 1,984,487
Shutter still alive: Yes

4) Submitted by Adam Schmidt
Clicks: 9,200
Shutter still alive: No

6) Submitted by brian tan
Clicks: 1,500
Shutter still alive: No

Crikey!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Some of those must either be accidental "NO"s or something got in the mechanism. I posted a Reddit AMA in the repair forum with a camera repair tech and he made a comment that some models are much more susceptible to breaking. He specifically noted that the D600 breaks in creative ways, like spraying oil on the sensor. He noted that D610 fixed that but that Nikon never admitted the D600 had an issue. Interesting inside into why the D610 was released.

But check out the EOS 1Ds bodies with northward of 8 million actuations. Dang.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both my Pentax K100D and K-x went over 200,000, and the K100D is still fine, save for a fogged viewfinder. The K-x died mainly as a result of immersion, not (I think) because it wore out.