Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M SMC 1.4/50 Now Working On EOS 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Pentax-M SMC 1.4/50 Now Working On EOS 5D Reply with quote

I was a little bored this evening, and after having tried unsuccessfully to repair a jammed diaphragm in my CZ Sonnar 2.8/180, I spotted the little Pentax sitting on the shelf...Twisted Evil

For those unfamiliar with these Pentax-M lenses, they have a horrible lever which sticks out the back of the lens, meaning you can't even mount them on a 5D (fine on the 10/20/30/40/50D), let alone use them. To add to this horribleness, there's also a tough plastic 'shield' which protects the lever.

Anyway, 10 minutes and the job was done.

The tools? A Stanley knife, a Philips head precision screwdriver and a pliers.

Five small screws and the back of the lens becomes the scene of a terrible butchering - the photos tell the story :

Fig.1 - A : The lever after I snipped it with the pliers, B : The piece I snipped off, C : The plastic 'shield' after I started on it with the Stanley knife...

Fig.2 - The lens-mount having been replaced, the lever and 'shield' no longer protrude...

Fig.3 - The Pentax-K to EOS adapter affixed to the lens...

Fig.4 - The first shot taken with this lens on my EOS 5D Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Happy to see that you can finally use this great lens (i have the same Wink) ...
Nevertheless, i'm a bit sad for the lens itself (i'm a Pentaxian) ...

Enjoy your new 50mm

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hello,

Happy to see that you can finally use this great lens (i have the same Wink) ...
Nevertheless, i'm a bit sad for the lens itself (i'm a Pentaxian) ...

Enjoy your new 50mm

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words - but don't worry, I have a second copy...

Next step is to do the 1.7/50 & 2/50 (I have copies of those too) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Tamron 17-35 f2.8/4 AF pentax mount working on eos 5d(C) Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
[quote=
Next step is to do the 1.7/50 & 2/50 (I have copies of those too) Wink

I recently picked Tamron 17-35 f 2.8/4 AF in Pentax mount with the intention of using on eos 5d(c) with adapter. It is my first fast wide-angle zoom and sigma 12-24 AF is beyond my budget and having negative reports on the net. I will appreciate if any member of this group using this lens after removing aperture lug/collar infinity focus, mirror is not striking.. Its back elements on close focusing are little bit out as compared to my other zoom like 28-70 AF FA which is focusing perfectly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 17-35 f2.8/4 AF pentax mount working on eos 5d(C) Reply with quote

[quote="gill"][quote="Mal1905"][quote=
Next step is to do the 1.7/50 & 2/50 (I have copies of those too) Wink[/quot

After controlling my brain strom for a week and receiving no response from the members I performed the operation as per Mal 1905 and removed the lever and plastic shield of Tamron 17-35 f 2.8/4 AF and with k adapter working fine as per attached picture.