Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro takumar 50mm F4 infinity focus issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Macro takumar 50mm F4 infinity focus issue Reply with quote

Hi , I have a macro takumar 50mm 1:1 macro lens, which function well and produce perfect result before about 5 meters, but from 5 meters to infinity it can't get focus. So it is really a regret for such a beautiful lens. I've disassembled it several times but can't get is right.

Does anyone give me any advice about it? thanks in advance.

I will try to upload some pictures about the lens later...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/S-M-C-Super-Macro-Takumar-50mm-F4.html is a scheme of
the lens. Maybe that helps you to check of all lenses are in the right direction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapter may be too thick; acting as an extension tube for closer focus.

Do other lenses used with that M42 adapter achieve infinity focus?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Steely wrote:
On http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/S-M-C-Super-Macro-Takumar-50mm-F4.html is a scheme of
the lens. Maybe that helps you to check of all lenses are in the right direction.

Sorry, but the SMC version is a different lens. A 1:2 macro, not 1:1 like the one mentioned. However, I don't recall how much they differ in optical design.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sam, visualopsins and Raffwal, thanks for you all. I try to reassemble the element and still no lucky yesterday. Maybe I should accept it and use it like this, anyway it is a MACRO lens. Laughing