Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY enlarger lens adapter for MFT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: DIY enlarger lens adapter for MFT Reply with quote

I'm still on the lookout for a suitable tilt piece to use in a tilt adapter.

in the meantime I put this together so I could use my enlarger lenses on my MFT body:

I was a bit shocked and pleasantly surprised at how sharp enlarger lenses are.

I designed it around my 50mm el Nikkor as it had the shortest register distance.

I used a body cap and a UV topcor 50mm lens as it had the shortest body compared to how far the inner threads travel for focusing.

its slightly adjustable as you can remove the focus ring and set the focus depending on what lens your using.

my leitz focotar has a slightly longer registration than the nikkor but I prefer the Nikkor after doing dome testing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever! See, I'm lazy and bought a helicoid, mft adapter to it and a M39-M42 ring...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thanks, hey whatever works works!! it didn't take to long to put together though, the most tedious part was using a dremel to cut off the unnecessary back end of the lens.

I was quite lucky as I bought a practically destroyed leica 135 lens and it come with a rear lens cap that I glued into place in the helicoid!! fitted perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to load this image up too, it looks better with the Nikkor: