Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Yashinon Tomioka 60mm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER use any fluids and PLEASE don't exert any massive force like a hammer.

If two filters got stuck, put them in a refrigerator or freezer, protected in a plastic bag. Filters will easily unscrew afterwards. I dont't know how a lens will perform within a freezer, although a refrigerator should not do much harm, if the lens is placed within a tightly closed plastic bag. The greatest danger to a lens is heat. Frozen lubricant will unfreeze, but heated lubricant will dissolve and ruin both aperture and glass elements.

If there is a dent in the filter ring, this is how I succeeded even when the lens was a modern all-plastic zoom lens (Tamron Aspherical). Get a micro dremel that is occassionally sold at discounters. Attach a spiky point to drill a hole into the slim ring that holds the UV glass within the metal thread of the filter. In most cases it is made of plastic and can easily be cut through. You will then be able to remove the UV glass from its filter. It will simply fall out or you may have to draw it from its filter using some sticky material like Plasticine. Or drill a hole into the glass. Next you try if you can draw the metal filter off from the lens's filter ring, using small tongs. You may need to apply the micro dremel again, but please take care not to ruin the lens's filter ring. In most cases the filter can be removed, as soon as the glass has been removed.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is just amazing Very Happy

Just 3 more for now but I'll probably keep adding more into this topic later on as this is a lens I am not planning to resell anytime soon!

^^^ just for the hexagonal bokeh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not sell this lens! It is the cheaper alternative to the S-Planar.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resell? Lenses like this one are true keepers! (but you knew that..... Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has unfortunately been too stormy the last couple of days to do some proper macro work of flowers and insects

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ! You have inspired me to take mine out and let it reach brood micro. Really like the B&W Elephant !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, luckily not the filter problem.

Besides using a filter wrench, the old-fashioned way to remove a stuck filter is to hold the filter and of the lens hard against a rubber soled shoe, such as a tennis or other athletic shoe, and turn forcefully counter-clockwise. I have never had this fail. It must be that pushing hard somehow relieves the pressure that is keeping it stuck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all Karen!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus!

The lens was still on the Nex so I took it out today as well. Just keeps on amazing me!!!

And for those of you who wish to count Morky's hair, here is a full size crop of the above jpg quality (click image once more for larger):
http://i.imgur.com/yzqmjQt.jpg

As soon as one finds an escape route:

The rest quickly follows:

And finally my favorite photo of the day:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nice Karen!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for resolving your problem!

I had a scratched up filter that I could not get off a Yashinon lens despite all my best efforts. The filter ring itself did not seem to be dented or damaged. It was puzzling. I ended up wrapping the edge with Duck tape and then was able to get a firm enough grip to remove it. Go figure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoots !