Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ? Reply with quote

My first post on this great forum.

I just bought on ebay an old trioplan 10 cm 2.8 (exakta mount). I already had one, but this one is a bit special.

If you compare it with the one on the left (the 'normal' war- pre war version), it has the following differences :

* the weight is 230 grams vs 420 for the normal one - it seems to be alu instead of brass
* the 'head' is not in black but as well in aluminum
* the filter size is a bit wider than the 'normal' one

The rest of the lens is the same. I cleaned it and it just is fabricated as any of the other pre-war lenses I had/have.

It's number is 920127, which makes it an end 30's; beginning 40's specimen.

Has anybody seen one like these before ? I've been following boards and info on the web for the last 4 years and this is the first time I've seen one like this.

BTW. It takes nice pictures !

Last edited by DDA on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ? Reply with quote

DDA wrote:
My first post on this great forum.

I just bought on ebay an old trioplan 10 cm 2.8 (exakta mount). I already had one, but this one is a bit special.

If you compare it with the one on the left (the 'normal' war- pre war version), it has the following differences :

* the weight is 230 grams vs 420 for the normal one - it seems to be alu instead of brass
* the 'head' is not in black but as well in aluminum
* the filter size is a bit wider than the 'normal' one

The rest of the lens is the same. I cleaned it and it just is fabricated as any of the other pre-war lenses I had/have.

It's number is 920127, which makes it an end 30's; beginning 40's specimen.

Has anybody seen one like these before ? I've been following boards and info on the web for the last 4 years and this is the first time I've seen one like this.

BTW. It takes nice pictures !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Rather early post war, in wartime all aluminium went to fighter planes , surely.After war plenty of destroyed planes were available as raw material , I have pre-war Triotar 10cm looking different too Smile brass lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ? Reply with quote

Attila,

Thanks, it seems my picture was not visible, now it is. Anything I can do on this ?

cheers,

DDA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ? Reply with quote

DDA wrote:
Attila,

Thanks, it seems my picture was not visible, now it is. Anything I can do on this ?

cheers,

DDA

You are fine from now, first image post doesn't show (anti spam) Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 10 cm 2.8 prototype ? Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
DDA wrote:
Attila,

cheers,

DDA

You are fine from now, first image post doesn't show (anti spam) Wink

Well, it did puzzle me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see some shots from this lens. Please post a few!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mine, i think it's pre war too, a bit different than the others, longer brown nose. Yours is cooler Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea but, are those regular screwdrives usual in these lenses? In any case, these lenses have some case of magnetism nowadays...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, pre-war.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worth getting a 100$ exakta to nex adapter or a regular BigIs 25$ adapter is ok?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little lens dependent some lens is okay, some not, most of my lenses okay with cheap big_is like adapter , some not a bit gamble even expensive one I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
I'd love to see some shots from this lens. Please post a few!

I will - just give me some days ... need to have a more sunny day to further test this one

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
This is mine, i think it's pre war too, a bit different than the others, longer brown nose. Yours is cooler Smile

Nice one - is this the 10.5 cm ?

I'm still looking for the 10.5; the black version of the 100 (the N one and the V one).

I have the two in the picture; a 100 without the V (multicoating) and a 75mm (3'') Opticraft 2.8 C-mount.

The new one was a bit of a surprise. Never had seen it in this version. I wonder what other models are around.

For the numbering : the 920000 doesn't make sense if it's postwar. My assumption is that they were 'creative' on their numbers after the war.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a fake. Yes, there were times after war, when Zeiss and Meyer fakes appeared. I have Zeiss Fernobjektiv-, Sonnar- and Tele-Tessar-fakes. And a fake Telemegor, too.
Redo that side by side photo again, this time please in the exact position to make it easier to compare the numbers. Obviously there was another "2 and 4" used that the original meyer "2 and 4".

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many blades do you have? Mine has 18 blades..

and yes it's 4.25 inch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
How many blades do you have? Mine has 18 blades..

and yes it's 4.25 inch.

The whole family below - all have 15 blades apart from the smallest C-mount one (12 blades)

Sure want the 10.5, but this one has been hard to get at a reasonable price

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
It may be a fake. Yes, there were times after war, when Zeiss and Meyer fakes appeared. I have Zeiss Fernobjektiv-, Sonnar- and Tele-Tessar-fakes. And a fake Telemegor, too.
Redo that side by side photo again, this time please in the exact position to make it easier to compare the numbers. Obviously there was another "2 and 4" used that the original meyer "2 and 4".

Klaus

I compared the components (mount/ blades) of the black and silver head ... They look/are the same.

The letters are more like the newer versions.

Puzzles me ...

If it's fake, it's the first one I ever see in over 20 years. The last 4 years on the web, never saw one neither ... But if it's real, the same counts.

I was hoping it to be this special one ... sure is any way you look at it
Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is special, a fake is special, too

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Klaus

I concur - I will cherish it whatever it is !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Klaus

Klaus, I wanted to find out more on this lens so I contacted Herr Horst Neuhaus. I've been following his site from the early beginning. You must know him from the following site :

http://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/

I got the following reply :

dear Didier,

thanks for the kind words about my homepage.

Your Trioplan No. 920121x is a real Meyer Goerlitz lens from 1939 /
40th. During the Second World War, the lens mounts by Zeiss und Meyer
often were made of aluminum instead of brass and chrome.

The reason for this: brass was used by the defense industry and was not
available enough for civilian products. Optically and mechanically both
lenses are identical.

Your Trioplan is one of the first in this material, I know from the same
production serie an Helioplan No. 920138 in aluminium.

I would be pleased to helped you.

Viele Gruesse nach Belgien
Horst Neuhaus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Horst pretty good!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it.. your fake is not made of aluminium..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
I dont get it.. your fake is not made of aluminium..

It is ... seems it's not fake after all - I would have kept if it was false as well, but I prefer it to be a real meyer !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171237602203&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:BE:3160

Another one ...

Mine is not alone Smile