Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

konica hexanon 65-135mm f4 on sony nex 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: konica hexanon 65-135mm f4 on sony nex 6 Reply with quote

Hello
this is some shoots taken with this lens (all wide open f4, handled and sun begin to go so i have not so high shutter speed) , post prod for color rendition a +15 sharpening on DXO

I found the lens pretty nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens.

Almost all hexanons till the 80's has cold tonalities.

Medium contrast, good sharpness (enought at the least).

Prone to flare, with small CA.

There are a lot to know about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens. I think I paid 25 USD. It has ridiculous performance for the price. Few others in the short tele zoom range that meet this performance for that price. (this is a really odd range!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I have this lens. I think I paid 25 USD. It has ridiculous performance for the price. Few others in the short tele zoom range that meet this performance for that price. (this is a really odd range!)

by ridiculous you mean good or bad Wink
the range is short compared to 70-200 but this lens is sharper than my vivitar 70-200mm so i prefere it. The 24mm f2.8 is good to

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Canon fd 50-135 f3.5, quite a similar focal range, now I've moved up to full frame I'll have to give it a spin, only cost me £22gbp. Don't know how image quality is compared to the Hex, unfortunately it's dark when I go to work and dark when I come home now, Will try and post some pics at the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

by ridiculous you mean good or bad Wink
the range is short compared to 70-200 but this lens is sharper than my vivitar 70-200mm so i prefere it. The 24mm f2.8 is good to

Ridiculous in a good way. The lens is a tank though and not something you would want to carry around all the time. I have to agree regarding performance of Konica lenses. I have quite a range and IMHO the performance to price ratio for most of the range is the best amongst brand products. They are likely to go up though as mirrorless viewfinder cameras increase in popularity. Currently the fact that Nikon or Canon SLR's won't work with them reduces demand.