Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primoplan 1.9/58
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Primoplan 1.9/58 Reply with quote

Meyer Primoplan 1.9/58 V #1194547, I found my copy sharper wide open then Biotar 2/58 @2.0
@1.9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Primoplan has become my favourite of the really old (pre 1970, older than me Wink) 50mm lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lens, very nice lens

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rendition and color on pic 1, seems a cool lens but a bit expensive.
nowadays Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are great shots, but the last is my definite fave. Agree, very nice lens.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very , very nice ones ! These are one of the best shoots from yours! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots, I think Primoplans are perfect example of the fact, that sharpness isn't everything. Primoplan lenses have strong character, unique bokeh, which can't be crated by any double-gauss lens and nice colors.

voytek: Do you have manual or pre-set model?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really nice !
Love the first on, perfect crop.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
(...)

voytek: Do you have manual or pre-set model?

Thank all for such nice opinions. This is preset model, glossy polished aluminum body, lens is in 9.5/10 condition. Very shallow DOF wide open. This is an example that sometimes less known lens, underrated on the market would be a very nice item.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently seen a photo taken with this lens and I am absolutely in love with its rendering of the OOF areas. All other photos taken with this lens which I found, including the ones here, I have liked too.
Thank you for the posts in this thread everyone . I now begin my quest for a reasonably priced one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDM wrote:
... I now begin my quest for a reasonably priced one.

The price is a problem - it is relatively high for another ~50mm lens.
I search since months, but found not a cheap enough. But ok, its price probably reflects its good quality - as shown here with the images!