Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax FF wishmongers.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Pentax FF wishmongers. Reply with quote

I see that after about 4years Pentaxians are still hoping for a FF digital camera,who cares now the A7r is available. I have been a loyal supporter of Pentax since I bought my H1a and own every model since,up to the Mx5n and over 80 lenses and various accessories. Also my K20d just failed after only about 5000 actuations(didn't upgrade because this was last to have tethering) and Pentax want $680 to repair(shutter won't fire).Consequently after Christmas I am going to prepare a long list of cameras,lenses and some quite rare accessories.Anyone interested can PM me for copy of list and naturally MF supporting members will get realistic discount. After mid January all items will go on Ebay,so if you need any Pentax gear I just may have it.PS I sold my LX and lenses and lots of accessories six moths ago for a lot of money which I invested in expensive lenses. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no.. Embarassed Embarassed

do you have any tak 24mm's Embarassed

But poor Pentax. everyone out side of Japan wants a FF Razz

Pixel resolution is excellent on APS now. Bodies are small, lenses could be smaller but Pentax have been doing that too. But still, no super Pentax to rally the flag so we are all bored. Sad

APS is alright if you find glass short enough.

24 + 28 + 35 + 55 + 105 + 150 (maybe) all in f2(ish) are pretty easy to come by

Really I can't imagine what I'd really ever want past that (maybe the 15mm f4, but that's ok for the moment)

Unless we start talking about BOOKEH, but I don't really want to talk about that Razz

Still. Do you have any 24mm's you will part with? Twisted Evil Pentax's Tak, K, M, A's are all small enough to make my APS camera light enough Smile

I'll pay with money. Unless you prefer frozen chickens?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized i put a lot of emoticons in that last post.. .. I'll do the right thing and impose a 30min ban on myself starting from... now. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

I suppose you don't know anything about cooked chickens masquerading as cans of peaches?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
tromboads wrote:

I suppose you don't know anything about cooked chickens masquerading as cans of peaches?

Just my thought... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I have heard this one :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a list, my wife wouldn't, but if nobody tells her I'll live to see another day! Laughing

I could probably get cheap postage, maybe collection, my brother is all over the Maritimes and I think we'll be there next summer as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Farside wrote:
tromboads wrote:

Just my thought... Very Happy

The thought immediately jumped to my head too. although I don't have a clue why. its normally meat pies and marmalade with me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I have offered to cook it first?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses will work well on the A7 (don't know about the A7r)
Why sell them now?
I'm having a blast running all my lenses through the A7 and posted some results here.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/246917-does-my-m42-k-mount-work-digital-ff-exploration.html

IMHO, the small form factor of the Pentax lenses matches the small sized A7 (just like a ME super in size).

If you are selling, I am interested in a 20mm (K or M)
TIA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
I can't say I have heard this one :p

The story (from a source in rangefinderforum, iirc) goes.

A young lad (who might have been the author) and his mate were on a summer job in a peach cannery somewhere in Oz. Shortly after starting there they found the workers had devised a cracking plan for lunch every day. They'd stuff a chook into a can, and send it down the production line, where the can would be filled with peach syrup, boiled, the chicken cooked and and the can sealed as part of the process.
This went on for many days, but a few times when they got busy, they'd lose track of the can with the chicken in it and it went into the output bay, with a Peaches label on it. Somebody, somewhere in the world, opened these cans of peaches and got confronted with delicious boiled chicken in peach syrup.
Never happened to me, more's the pity - sounds as if it would be wonderful Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genius Laughing

But surely we Aussies weren't that clever / bothered..

Urban myth for sure. Razz