Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very rare Canon sales booklet for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Very rare Canon sales booklet for sale Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see so much history on the bottom of the page shown, if the rest of the manual is the same that would be interesting reading.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gem for a collection!
Whow, I love old photo books and documentation - but not enough space for such things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I'm surprised to see so much history on the bottom of the page shown, if the rest of the manual is the same that would be interesting reading.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe lets buy it together, scan the pages and publish a pdf here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all rights, this book, or a good copy of it, needs to belong to a museum or library so that the information is available to anybody who wants or needs it. I would love to be able to read through that book, but I won't have a chance. It also causes me to ask the question -- Is Canon's camera museum as informative as that book is? The Canon museum does have quite a bit of historical information.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still one bid at £44, it's in the UK as well, which is strange as it's listed on German ebay Question

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe lets buy it together, scan the pages and publish a pdf here.

I strongly suspect this would be a violation of copyright laws.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Still one bid at £44, it's in the UK as well, which is strange as it's listed on German ebay Question

Just the OP put up an ebay.de link (fixed now and much shorter).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:

In theory.

Butkus.org is still online though. http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
konicamera wrote:

In theory.

Butkus.org is still online though. http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon.htm

I suspect Canon would not be bothered either way, distributing copies isnt exactly going to take money from them. - unless they decide to do a reasonably priced reprint. I would gladly join a group of buyers. I'll chip in £5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Cooper Amphoto books for Nikon and Minolta. I wonder if I still have access rights to the scanner at work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: canon details Reply with quote

I will chip in 5£ as well. Just make sure only one here bids, otherwise price will go to infinity (or to 50).

Even if not published, owners may share it. I regard MFL participants as owners even if some only contribute 0£.

p.