Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Componon-S enlarger lens to Canon EF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Componon-S enlarger lens to Canon EF Reply with quote

Greetings!

I am wanting to adapt my Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Componon-S enlarger lens to Canon EF.

Can anyone guide me as to how I can go about this or where I can purchase a helicoid focusing adapter that could focus to infinity for this lens.

The lens doesn't seem to have a standard 42 thread, 50mm maybe?

Thanks a million in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get any answers yet? There is a guide to calculate focusing adapter thickness here. Use search...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mounting thread is M50x0.75 and the filter thread may be M52x0.75.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up an older version of this lens (all chromed brass and very heavy). Here are a couple samples on a7rii. Most of thees are wide open (Hah! at the lightning fast F 5.6 ) Mine apparently has a different mounting thread. Adapted using m39 to m42 ring and various extension tubes and a helical extensions.

infinity:

macros:

It is surprising how much better these look on my samsung 9 inch tablet with the ARW files!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I picked up an older version of this lens (all chromed brass and very heavy).

I picked up the same only last week, but I'm yet to put it through its paces. Mine is an early 1962, judging by the serial number. It is indeed one heavy lump of a thing. I have it currently sitting on a lightweight, single track, M42 bellows, with a shortish helical on the camera side. I can cup the camera end of the bellows in my palm while I focus on the helical, which is a bit easier for me. Even then, and just messing about in the house, it looks like nailing focus is going to be erm… challenging Wink . I hope mine renders as well as yours does. Fingers crossed.

I'm looking at the bokeh on yours and it confirms what I've been pleasantly surprised to find so far... that it's good.