Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens Reply with quote

Just noticed this listing: Click here to see on Ebay
See the large screw, i think it is quite unique. Plus the many blades of course. I have similar lens (bit different finish) with SAIGA label and Sankor serial numbering.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Just noticed this listing: Click here to see on Ebay
See the large screw, i think it is quite unique. Plus the many blades of course. I have similar lens (bit different finish) with SAIGA label and Sankor serial numbering.


I have a Komura 135 2.8 that is also very similar. Either the seller has no idea what they are selling or they are trying to pass it off as a fake?


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it's a fake. It's listed in the m42 lens database:

http://www.m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/581-yashica-super-yashinon-r-13-5cm-f-2-8-22

Yashica is known to have used other companies to manufacture Yashica branded lenses. They're known to have used Tomioka as a supplier before acquiring that company in 1968. While we don't know they used other suppliers it's certainly a possibility.

Yashica's first SLR cameras used a bayonet mount. The company switched to the m42 mount in 1960 and may have needed to obtain m42 mount lenses from multiple suppliers when transitioning to the new mount.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar to my Yashinon-R 135 / 3.5, the big screw is just visible.

But it's nothing like my Sankor Series E 105 / 2.5 which is a similar era pre set - T mount lens. ( I haven't got a handy picture of it )



PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Yashinon on ebay is a Sankor, it's similar, but different, the distance scale is marked differently to how Sankors were marked and it lacks the E suffix to the serial.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Series E 105 / 2.5 that isn't actually branded Sankor, but I'm certain it is. There is a large screw ( infinity stop ) visible, but other than that it has nothing in common with the Yashinon. The serial number doesn't have an E on it either. This is certainly the same as Sankors I've seen on the internet.



PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's a Sankor, identical to my 2.5/105 which does have an E serial, I think mine is branded Seriese.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a search for 16 blades and two lenses came out being Sankor by serial number and having large screws for infinity stoppage:

Accura: Click here to see on Ebay
Spiratone: Click here to see on Ebay

So i guess the statement stands.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Spiratone is almost certainly the same as the Sankor.

I'm sure I have some other old pre sets with a big screw for the infinity stop, an old Tokina 200 comes to mind. I'll have a look tomorrow.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica bought in several third party lenses for its screw mount J-series in the 1960's.

I think we have seen Kyoei and Tokina lenses in Yashinon branding. I believe in some of the "lens lineup" photos also show some Kawanon long teles (400-600-800) and the early, oversize 90-230/4.5 zoom that I think is a very early Sigma product.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yashica bought in several third party lenses for its screw mount J-series in the 1960's.

I think we have seen Kyoei and Tokina lenses in Yashinon branding. I believe in some of the "lens lineup" photos also show some Kawanon long teles (400-600-800) and the early, oversize 90-230/4.5 zoom that I think is a very early Sigma product.


As far i can remember ALL 90-230 4.5 were tokina's made (tokina sold millions of that model to nearly ALL oem's possible : mamya, vivitar, soligor...)
At that period sigma sold a 75/250 4.5 to compete with the more sophisticated tokina's 75-260 4.5 (also sold as vivitar, soligor...)


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, its a 75-230/4.5
I have it as a Yashinon-R
I have a post on it from @10 years ago.

I still have that beast somewhere.


PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I've made a search for 16 blades and two lenses came out being Sankor by serial number and having large screws for infinity stoppage:

Accura: Click here to see on Ebay
Spiratone: Click here to see on Ebay

So i guess the statement stands.


No, you're guessing and probably wrong.