Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

carl zeiss p-planar 90mm f2.5 projection lens, need info..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: carl zeiss p-planar 90mm f2.5 projection lens, need info.. Reply with quote

Just got a carl zeiss p-planar 90 2.5 projection lens.
It sits on a leica slide projector with missing parts.
How can i make use of it?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold before nex and see where it is sharp, if you are lucky distance is enough to put on any nex adapter and fix with tape , focus by feets and done. If okay you can start to think about aperture , focusing etc a permanent solution. Cut from cardboard rings with different guessed aperture, like to F4 , F8 , put on rear part and you will see also how lens perform stopped down, I think lens will be outstanding even wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: better than colorplan Reply with quote

One use is to project slides which the P-prefix indicates that it is optimized for; flat field and maybe between 1:50 and 1;100 scale magnification would seem to fit home sceens and white walls.

I use mine instead of the standard 90mm (first version) it seems to perform better. The C -90 has a little (not normally visible ) colouyr fringing.

Since the Leitz version is similar to the elmarit 90, I presume this planar can be used the same way for making pictures.

p-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila and Paul.
Any idea how to convert it ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Thanks Attila and Paul.
Any idea how to convert it ?

If register distance is long enough to convert simple solution is put into a larger tube and push pull as focusing device, there is many other variants , nex adapter with external blades, macro focusing extension, insert into a broken lens etc etc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pictures of this lens? Could help to figure out how it can be converted/mounted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all replies.

The lens is still inside the slide projector.
I managed to power up, changed lamp, mechanism seems ok, very dusty. AF seems to work.
So if it's working, I may not unmount the lens.

It's a beautiful piece of glass.