Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help with loose mount on hexanon AR 65-135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: help with loose mount on hexanon AR 65-135mm Reply with quote

Just picked this lens up for next to nothing at a thrift store, but it has a lot of play between the mount/aperture ring assembly and the barrel. I removed the mount ring but couldn't see anything to tighten. The grub screws all seem to be in place and snug.
Suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect any answer, uncommon lenses in excellent built quality I collect Konica I never seen any zoom with faulty and prime was very rare too with any issue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Attila.
I was hoping I might at least get suggestions that weren't unique to the lens, but it looks like you're right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenny wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Attila.
I was hoping I might at least get suggestions that weren't unique to the lens, but it looks like you're right.

I seem to have missed this one. I can't guarantee I'll be of any help, even if I know this gear.
What part of the lens do you mean exactly by the word "barrel"? It's made of several tubes: Looking from the mount end of the lens, there is the first element with the grub screws only visible when the zoom is set at 135mm; then there is the tube with the distance scale, which is independent of the focusing ring (notice it collapses into the focusing ring as you focus toward infinity). Does the mounting plate move in relation to the first of these or the second? Identifying where exactly play is would perhaps give us a clue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Konica,
The play is between the mount(along with the aperture ring) and the first "tube" on which the focal length is marked and the grub screws are visible when extended to 135mm. If it helps, the movement is independent of the level on the mount which couples the aperture to the camera(the level doesn't move when I hold the lens by the focus grip and wiggle the mount).