Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor 50mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor 50mm f/2 Reply with quote

Ok so it's more blossom, but that makes comparison more fair between my various 50mm lenses?

http://www.pbase.com/nemesis101/image/95104776

Last edited by nemesis101 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nice one also!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the "mamiya Sekor 50mm f/2" too.
So it is not the sharpest and fulfills not the expections tied to the name "mamiya", it is a fine lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro wrote:
I own the "mamiya Sekor 50mm f/2" too.
So it is not the sharpest and fulfills not the expections tied to the name "mamiya", it is a fine lens.

I think it's fairly sharp. Sharper than the East German Orestegon, maybe not as good as the Pentax A 50mm f/2 - which also support aperture and program modes on the K10D of course, but the Mamiya on the Panasonic is not too bad - I'll try it on the less noisy K10D when the sun comes out again - which in Oregon before June is rarely two days running!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The Bokeh is soft but a little nervous at the same time, but I like the colours. That´s what I love about the Mamiyas in general.

By the way, to me, the sharpest 50mm lens ever is the Nikkor F2,0 Ai. If you don´t know it, you have to try it.

Greetings
Benedikt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! Nikkor 50mm f2.0 Sharp like hell to compare with common 50mm lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I like the colours. That´s what I love about the Mamiyas

That´s my opinion too.