Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Görlitz Helioplan f4.5 105mm does a walk in the park
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Meyer Görlitz Helioplan f4.5 105mm does a walk in the park Reply with quote

Lens used fully open, except noted otherwise...

Bokeh:

Special one:

Full set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157638553741574/

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 10 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low Key:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice, Klaus!
Is this enlarger lens?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was used once as taking and enlarging lens I guess. Never found documents about it.

It is quite sensitive to flare though under certain situations, so has to be handled with care.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I'm trying to play more in this length, but my current lens has been disappointing.
I particularly like the single red berry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is a berry from a yew tree http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxus_baccata

You could also try a Rodagon or Componon in that length, both very good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks excellent, I do like dialytes. One tip for people wanting one - the Kodak Enlarging Ektar 100mm/4 inch is a dialyte and an excellent one. Common and cheap.

BTW Klaus, is this Helioplan in shutter or one of the barrel ones? I have an old uncoated 120mm Helioplan but it's just cells and they don't fit a standard #0 shutter, sadly.