Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Possible to mount a Canon EF lens to 58mm or 72mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Possible to mount a Canon EF lens to 58mm or 72mm? Reply with quote

I need to mount my Canon EF lenses to a 58 or 72mm (Filter) screw mount. Is there an adapter for this? Context: i have a PADCASTER. It is a frame that enables mounting of various accessories to a frame containing an iPad for video recording. It has a lens accessory mount (i.e. 2.2X Telephoto Extender) in front of the iPad camera lens. I would like to mount my Canon EF lenses on this mount, but need to adapt from the 58 or 72mm screw type mount that came with the PADCASTER to the bayonet-style Canon EF mount like is on my 7D Canon DSLR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Anderson. You cannot mount your lenses and use them like those shown on the photos. The Padcaster uses the ipad's built in lens and uses low quality tele-extenders and wide angle adapters.

If you were able to mount your lens on it you would only get super macro as your EF lens, or any other conventional camera lens, will act as a mega close up lens. If you were able to remove the ipad lens (not recommended) your canon lens would act like a super telephoto because of the miniscule size of the ipads sensor.

The padcaster seems a ridiculously complicated way to make videos. A $150 camcorder will be smaller, have more zoom and hugely better picture quality.

And you wouldnt look such a berk using it.

If you bought one of the flimsy tripods sold for it a good gust of wind would knock it right over as the ipad would act as a sail.

Your Canon 7D will give superb quality HD videos and you already have the lens you want to use. Spend money on a decent microphone and tripod with a video head. Your DSLR will be far more versatile than this pile of overpriced crap.