Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20197/big_1892__DSC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Chris. Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3 is stunning, I like the fast Vivitars, the 28 / 1.9 is one of my favourite lenses, and I shall be looking for one of these 35's now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Vivitar 35/1.9 about 10 years ago, figuring it would probably be an OK optic to add to my kit. Honestly, I didn't shoot with it much during the ensuing years, until I started reading about how it had become a really hot number on eBay. I think I paid $40 for mine when it was just another lens by Vivitar. But after reading its glowing reviews, I took mine out and shot with it some, and I was really impressed as to just how sharp it was -- or is. It really hadn't gotten much use with my Canon DSLR because it is an FD mount lens, but after I picked up a Sony NEX 7, I started using it more, with impressive results. I'd post an image or two, but I'm on the wrong computer, and I don't have any good examples up at my website. Maybe tomorrow I can post something.

Anyway, kryss, those are some great shots, and I agree with Lloyd, that last one is a real standout.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Nice shots. I got two copies with Nikon mount and a Panagor 35mm f/2, which is believed to be the same lens ( I will need to do a comparison though).

The lens is a glowy wide open but could be desired for portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks David,do you have shots taken with the 28mm f1.9?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,I got mine from a Garage sale on a Konica camera for $20.00 kept the lens and sold Camera for $20 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

yes, it's a bubble bokeh monster.

Backlight. par David Lloyd, on ipernity

but it also does landscape.

Storm over Wenlock Edge par David Lloyd, on ipernity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
kryss wrote:

yes, it's a bubble bokeh monster.

Backlight. par David Lloyd, on ipernity

but it also does landscape.

Storm over Wenlock Edge par David Lloyd, on ipernity

Nice shots! I need to dig out mine and do some test shot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice David,I have a Vivitar(Komine)28mm F2 close focus I must try...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Klaus.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I bought my Vivitar 35/1.9 about 10 years ago, figuring it would probably be an OK optic to add to my kit. Honestly, I didn't shoot with it much during the ensuing years, until I started reading about how it had become a really hot number on eBay. I think I paid $40 for mine when it was just another lens by Vivitar. But after reading its glowing reviews, I took mine out and shot with it some, and I was really impressed as to just how sharp it was -- or is. It really hadn't gotten much use with my Canon DSLR because it is an FD mount lens, but after I picked up a Sony NEX 7, I started using it more, with impressive results. I'd post an image or two, but I'm on the wrong computer, and I don't have any good examples up at my website. Maybe tomorrow I can post something.

Anyway, kryss, those are some great shots, and I agree with Lloyd, that last one is a real standout.

How is it compared to the Canon FL f2.5 35mm?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you know, that's a good question. I should do a comparison between the two. I've long loved the FL 35/2.5 for its overall "look" and edge-to-edge sharpness. And the Vivitar seems to have these same qualities. Only thing is, my comparison would be done with my APSC Sony NEX 7, unless I felt like going to the bother of shooting a roll of film. So, anyway, if I use the NEX, I won't be picking up on either lens's corners.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Hmm, you know, that's a good question. I should do a comparison between the two. I've long loved the FL 35/2.5 for its overall "look" and edge-to-edge sharpness. And the Vivitar seems to have these same qualities. Only thing is, my comparison would be done with my APSC Sony NEX 7, unless I felt like going to the bother of shooting a roll of film. So, anyway, if I use the NEX, I won't be picking up on either lens's corners.

Yes, I remembered that you liked the Canon lens. That's why I am curious.
My camera is the Fujifilm X-E1.