Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All three versions of Konica Hexanon AR 135 in pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: All three versions of Konica Hexanon AR 135 in pictures Reply with quote

I took a few pictures of the three versions of the Konica Hexanon AR 135mm lens for comparison.

Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.5 (fourth and last version)
Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.2 (second version of three)
Konica Hexanon AR 135/2.5 (only version)

Last edited by Pontus on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see some tests to compare them Question

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All same good Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all look equally perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I have the 3.5 and 3.2, I had the same version of 3.5 shown here but sold it because i have an earlier all metal silver band 3.5 I preferred. I have the Hexar 3.5 too. They are all very good, trying to determine a 'best' is a waste of time imho as they are all more than capable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3.5 is a big lens as it is but that 2.8 looks like it has monster glass in comparison! Very nice:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
The 3.5 is a big lens as it is but that 2.8 looks like it has monster glass in comparison! Very nice:)

2.5 Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
It would be nice to see some tests to compare them Question

Yes, I was planning to do some sort of a test but unfortunately I never find the time. And now I'm letting go of the larger part of my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Layer-cake wrote:

2.5 Very Happy

Shocked that is proper! I like your 28 1.8 didn't even know konica made them that fast!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
Pontus wrote:
Layer-cake wrote:

2.5 Very Happy

Shocked that is proper! I like your 28 1.8 didn't even know konica made them that fast!

The UC 28/1.8 is a very special lens. Very rare, very expensive, very good, very fast and has a close focus of only 18cm. Unique. But that is for another thread...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between the 3.5 and the 3.2, I prefer the 3.2 for two reasons: it has better build quality (less plastics used than for the 3.5) and it focuses down to 1 meter (1.5 m for the 3.5). That ½ m is quite alot when it comes to a 135 mm lens.