Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 90 - Meyer Goerlitz Orestegor 200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 90 - Meyer Goerlitz Orestegor 200mm Reply with quote

it's 200mm/4 lens in m42 mount

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.
I like the dog ... and the Fiat!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine results. Makes me think I should keep mine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried a dozen 200mm lenses and the two best were this one and a Topcor RE 5.6/200, these pics do a great job of showing what a good lens this Meyer is, nice work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it on Sunday for around 53$ in a bundle with Praktica Nova I camera and a Domiplan 50mm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been curious about this lens, so I bid on one, and just won it, for 26 Euros Smile
You made very nice samples with yours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I've always been curious about this lens, so I bid on one, and just won it, for 26 Euros Smile
You made very nice samples with yours.

You will love it, with 15 blades and how it does with color. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:

You will love it, with 15 blades and how it does with color. Very Happy

Thank you. Smile I have to say, that what pushed me to bid was the report of a friend of mine who told me that this lens has very little CA.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, stunning images.

I had this lens myself but I was to stupid to recognize it`s virtues so I sold it.
How stupid I was!

Timo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timo832000 wrote:
WOW, stunning images.

I had this lens myself but I was to stupid to recognize it`s virtues so I sold it.
How stupid I was!

Timo

Me to, although in my defence I have a lovely Tak SMC 200mm f4 which is lighter and smaller. That was the only downfall of the Meyer it's a hefty piece of glass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking about the Meyer Optik Görlitz Orestegor 4/200mm in M42 mount, mine is a zebra version and weights only 594 grs.
This is my lightest 200mm, compared to the Jupiter-21M, a Soligor Tele-Auto 3.5/200mm and a Prinzflex auto reflex 3.5/200mm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY great results! I was never able to get results like this with the two copies I owned...mine had CA and look soft. I will try another copy I think!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E taj Fičo stvarno je najbolji! Bravo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful photos!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos. Now I am curious about the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
If we're talking about the Meyer Optik Görlitz Orestegor 4/200mm in M42 mount, mine is a zebra version and weights only 594 grs.
This is my lightest 200mm, compared to the Jupiter-21M, a Soligor Tele-Auto 3.5/200mm and a Prinzflex auto reflex 3.5/200mm.

Hi Olivier

Mine also was the Zebra version but it did appear to me quite bulky but maybe this was just my perception but I just never really warmed to it because of this. After seeing the pics maybe I should have kept it after all. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, don't forget that a big role in the images is played by the quality of the photographer... it's not the lens who makes everything you see in a photo...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Guys, don't forget that a big role in the images is played by the quality of the photographer... it's not the lens who makes everything you see in a photo...

wow, thanks for the kind words Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you're perfectly right ! Very Happy

About the lens I think it should be this one :
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-orestegor-200mm-f4-zebra-m42-t24355,highlight,%2Bmeyer+%2Borestegor+%2B200mm.html

noddywithoutbigears, it's true that sometimes our senses deceive us.
I was surprised when I weighted my lenses and see that this 200mm is so light.
I bought it with a Jupiter-21M whose weight is 952 grs and in my mind the Orestegor was also a big and heavy lens.

Last edited by Olivier on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

About the lens I think it should be this one :
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-orestegor-200mm-f4-zebra-m42-t24355,highlight,%2Bmeyer+%2Borestegor+%2B200mm.html

yes, that's my lens
i'm thinking of taking photos of all my lenses and posting them in corresponding "testing my lenses" thread...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 for me.

I think the Meyer Görlitz is optically identical to the Pentacon 200/4

I had a nearly unused copy with original packing and papers of the Meyer Görlitz and mine was good as WolverineXs, not as sharp, contrasty and CA-free as modern primes but better than most zooms in this area and I would say fully usable.

My copy had an exchangeable mount. I wonder if it might cover medium format etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has inspired me to dedicate this coming weekend to my orphan lenses, including this one. If all goes well I'll do a post of images from my orphans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
mine was good as WolverineXs

actually my copy of the lens has fungus growth on the rear element

ForenSeil wrote:
My copy had an exchangeable mount. I wonder if it might cover medium format etc.

looking at ebay for this lens, it shows up in exacta mount also

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lens and a better photographer Wink
You really nailed these very well indeed.

I like when I see more than "good bokeh" or "sharp lens". These shots are interesting and very well done! Very Happy

We sometimes focus to much on the glass IMO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:
mine was good as WolverineXs

actually my copy of the lens has fungus growth on the rear element

Very Happy ok, maybe my copy was better. I never used mine for more than a few test shots. I sold mine because I had it after 2-3 months becuase I didn't had a use for it. Too long for potraits, too short for wildlife and optically not the very best.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total