Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Trioplan 100 2.8 - Restaurant Wedding Shoot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Meyer Trioplan 100 2.8 - Restaurant Wedding Shoot Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems to be contemplating his future with some degree of melancholia . . . or maybe his shoes were pinching Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the rendition and the bokeh, but as already noted you've not managed to engage and catch him with an optimistic or positive expression and the compositions are only exaggerating this further.

I'm not sure either is an image that any bride or groom would naturally place into a wedding album. With the second one in particular, the composition places him looking out of the frame through the closest edge - it's almost as if you're deliberately saying that he's looking away from a bright and sparkling life that's now behind him, towards an unseen and uncertain future that's outside the frame of his current life. All very interesting, but perhaps not wedding orientated!

I don't know the families involved, but the cliche would suggest that this is what his mother may be feeling about her son marrying, and his new mother-in-law will certainly be seeing this narrative in the image.

Looking at your images, I'm tempted to suggest that the Trioplan is the perfect lens for image composites. Getting the dreamy background from the chain curtains using the Trioplan, but using a lens with less obvious softness for the main subject. The second shot, minus the groom and that one piece of soap bubble bokeh over his head, is a backdrop that would have a significant appeal if you chose to market it within a digital background package.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my taste the shots are too soft and show too little contrast. The bokeh is.... well... different.

He's getting married? Shouldn't he be happy? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the images - especially the Trioplan bokeh Smile
I think the man looks serious. Marriage is a serious thing. One could have fun, but the it is one of the decisions that have a live-long impact.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 03, 2016 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't you re-post the images, bernhardas? They were nice examples of Trioplan portraits.