Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette II, new purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Agfa Isolette II, new purchase Reply with quote

I recently bought this camera. It is in good shape cosmetically.
The lens has a little dust on it. I don't know if that will cause any problem.
The focusing ring is a little stiff, but usable.
The shutter is working, but on the slow speeds (2 and 1) it sticks.
I found the manual online, but my version of the camera is slightly different. There is a little switch next to the viewfinder on the back of the camera. If anyone knows what that is for please let me know.
I will be using this camera on sunny to sunny with light cloudy days. What type of film should I use?
Any other suggestions or useful links would be appreciated....Here is the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, this is a fine camera and one that would fit in my collection nicely Wink

The switch you mention allows you to lock the shutter open when in B mode making it T mode. To be clear what I mean. For long exposures on B you must keep your finger pressed on the button. With this switch you push the release then slide the switch over to T this locks it. To close the shutter just slide it off T and it will close the shutter. This in definitely a Mk ll but the button doesnt appear on all of them

Of course you can achieve the same effect by using a locking cable release.

Use a slowish film, in my experience you run out of shutter speeds an aperures if you use a 400 film on a sunny day! I use Shanghai 100 from ebay its about £1.70 if you buy 5 and you can dev it in caffenol. Regards colour film I dont know. Others here will help you with that.

Be aware Some modern B&W film has a black backing paper making it very hard to see the numbers. I use a tiny LED torch to see the numbers. It hasn't ever affected the film.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great camera, but bellow made from crap material, many of them leaks, first todo test bellow light tight or not, and if it has leaks , may fixable with tape easily or not. Second step bring to repair man, luckily we have a few I will give you they access in pm.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly, the Kodak 66, even though the same age, has bellows that survived the years well and they are available v.cheaply on ebay as donors.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Congratulations, this is a fine camera and one that would fit in my collection nicely Wink

The switch you mention allows you to lock the shutter open when in B mode making it T mode. To be clear what I mean. For long exposures on B you must keep your finger pressed on the button. With this switch you push the release then slide the switch over to T this locks it. To close the shutter just slide it off T and it will close the shutter. This in definitely a Mk ll but the button doesnt appear on all of them

Of course you can achieve the same effect by using a locking cable release.

Use a slowish film, in my experience you run out of shutter speeds an aperures if you use a 400 film on a sunny day! I use Shanghai 100 from ebay its about £1.70 if you buy 5 and you can dev it in caffenol. Regards colour film I dont know. Others here will help you with that.

Be aware Some modern B&W film has a black backing paper making it very hard to see the numbers. I use a tiny LED torch to see the numbers. It hasn't ever affected the film.

Thanks for the info.
Are cable release shutters interchangeable or do I need a specific one for this camera?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great camera, but bellow made from crap material, many of them leaks, first todo test bellow light tight or not, and if it has leaks , may fixable with tape easily or not. Second step bring to repair man, luckily we have a few I will give you they access in pm.

It seems the bellows on this one is good. I guess I can buy some film at Soos. Any recommendation for first time?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fomapan 100

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
fomapan 100

Thanks. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All cable releases have a tapered screw thread - except for Leica, but you normally get an adapter.

heres a pic of one, the tapered bit goes into the little hole on the shutter. The disc below the plunger of the release is the locking mechanism. Some types had a screw sticking out at right angles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
All cable releases have a tapered screw thread - except for Leica, but you normally get an adapter.

heres a pic of one, the tapered bit goes into the little hole on the shutter. The disc below the plunger of the release is the locking mechanism. Some types had a screw sticking out at right angles.

Thanks. Smile