Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identifying Lens mount pls??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Help identifying Lens mount pls?? Reply with quote

I bought this Kiron 70-210mm f4.5 MC lens (@55mm) on Ebay and it was advertised as an OM Olympus Mount. So I bought a OM - EOS adapter for my Canon 600D and it doesn't fit? Does anyone recognise this mount? Thanks?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Lens mount pls?? Reply with quote

hgen wrote:
I bought this Kiron 70-210mm f4.5 MC lens (@55mm) on Ebay and it was advertised as an OM Olympus Mount. So I bought a OM - EOS adapter for my Canon 600D and it doesn't fit? Does anyone recognise this mount? Thanks?

That is "Canon FD" mount for sure.. Really looks like.
I use FD zoom with macro too, by Tokina, with lensless adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Canon FD for certain.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worth getting an adapter, gonna lose another stop of light with this one? I have a Canon 600D.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FD is one of the few common mounts that has a shorter registration distance than Canon EF, so if you could find an adaptor you would not get infinity focus without additional optics. There are many good zooms in this range that would be more suitable (mounts such as nikon, minolta, M42, Pentax etc) and won't cost much. This lens would be better on a mirrorless (sony NEX or micro 4/3)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy an adapter anyway, get one without glass.
You can't focus to infinity but that imho still much better than massive IQ decrease by crap optics inside infinity corrected adapters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
If you buy an adapter anyway, get one without glass.
You can't focus to infinity but that imho still much better than massive IQ decrease by crap optics inside infinity corrected adapters.

Cool! I didn't realise that they came without glass, I thought all the FD adapters had glass, not gonna need infinity much with a long zoom anyway!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were buying it for its close-up properties, the extra flange distance will give you a bit extra close focus (not as much as you would get with a wide angle lens though)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tokina 35-105 with that adapter(I bough with glass, but remove it after a few weeks), can focus only on 1-1.5 meters in 105mm set. But in "macro" mode it works great. )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!