Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just can't kick the habit...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: I just can't kick the habit... Reply with quote

I'm trying ever so hard to reduce my collection and cure myself of the insanity of buying so many lenses that I just don't need... but it's just not working. Confused
I've fallen off the wagon and bought another Soligor lens of all things and now I'm having trouble parting with some Zuikos. Rather than just list a lens for sale I had to stick it on a camera and play with it. I don't need it... I don't really want it... but I like it! I have it... there's nothing to stop me keeping it... but I shouldn't! I resolved to keep 35mm stuff to a minimum but I can't decide what that minimum should be. Where to draw the line?

The lens today was the 65-200mm zuiko at f4 pointed at the last roses in the garden.

and a crop...

It's not the only zoom I have, and I've been on the lookout for yonks for a Tamron 30A which I'd prefer to have. But this zuiko is a capable easy to use lens and isn't too bulky.

Love it or leave it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the habit, have kicked it. I gave myself a mantra, and it worked.

"How will having this thing improve my life?"

When I can't come up with a good answer, I don't buy.

Try it, it might work for you. Of course, you have to want it to work. If the point of your complaint was to brag about how much you have, well, it surely won't work for you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but Zuiko's are special.......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read my signatures ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope you get a handle on things, but if not, I have some lenses for sale Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tudor,

Don't feel too miserable: you're not alone. For instance, this month I bought 9 lenses from you. Glad to know that I'm contributing to make you feel better.

Laughing

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Tudor,

Don't feel too miserable: you're not alone. For instance, this month I bought 9 lenses from you. Glad to know that I'm contributing to make you feel better.

Laughing

Cheers,

Renato

Ha Renato - you are a good Samaritan.
Tudor caught his last infection just as we were discussing a Soligor that I wish to buy from him.
It is now temporarily unavailable so I will have to wait. Crying or Very sad

OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone... I have now snapped out of my temporary wobble and will continue just on the right side of that thin line. Smile Dan has the right idea with his mantra which I'm sure will work for me too.

Expect a small addition to the big Soligor thread before long, though, when I get those intriguing I-S mount soligors out of my system... Which won't be too long Tom.

As for the zuiko: yes I love it, but in the big scheme of things perhaps I must leave it.