Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Autoflex A + 100mm & 35mm f2. & Avanar 200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Konica Autoflex A + 100mm & 35mm f2. & Avanar 200mm Reply with quote

Bought the Konica Autoflex A + 100mm & 35mm f2 (splined metal grip) for a bit less then 120€ (including shipping) Have them home in a couple of days, do think I made a good deal Razz
Also bought this lens: Avanar 200mm f3.5 Dyna Coated, know absolutely nothing about this lens. It's in good shape missing front cap (bought the lens for 7.5€). Anybody know who made it? I'm think its made by Tokina because of its resemblance of the Konica's and it's made in Japan Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got a Hexanon 35mm f2 for 120€ you did great, provided it's in good shape. That's a really expensive lens.

As for the rest of the Konica items: also good and worth some money. But your f2 35 is your prize.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Autoflex A + 100mm & 35mm f2. & Avanar 20 Reply with quote

Dogtag wrote:
Bought the Konica Autoflex A + 100mm & 35mm f2 (splined metal grip) for a bit less then 120€ (including shipping) Have them home in a couple of days, do think I made a good deal Razz
Also bought this lens: Avanar 200mm f3.5 Dyna Coated, know absolutely nothing about this lens. It's in good shape missing front cap (bought the lens for 7.5€). Anybody know who made it? I'm think its made by Tokina because of its resemblance of the Konica's and it's made in Japan Smile

Congratulations. I also think the 35/2.0 alone was worth the 120 euros. But so is the 100/2.8. This lens is a real sleeper. It hasn't been appreciated as much as it deserves to be because as a portrait lens it was always overshadowed by the 85/1.8 and, to some extent, by the 135/2.5, both of which are much faster lenses given their focal length. The 100/2.8 is very sharp and, in contrast to the other two, fairly compact. It produces beautiful colors too.

The Avanars seem to be a mixed bag (in terms of who made them). Their 28/2.8 with a 62mm filter ring looks just like some Tokina-made lenses of the first half of the 1970s, but this 200 looks exactly like my Chinon 200mm of the same period, with the exception of the aluminum edges on the focusing ring.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35 f2 is on my list of Hexanons to get. I saw an ad for a Konica camera + some lenses, including a 35 mm. It turned out to be the 2.8, but for 50€, including a 50/1.7 and a 100/2.8 and some extras, I can't complain...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
If you got a Hexanon 35mm f2 for 120€ you did great, provided it's in good shape. That's a really expensive lens.

As for the rest of the Konica items: also good and worth some money. But your f2 35 is your prize.

It's in 'as new' state. with cases and original lens hood as far as I can tell. Probably get it next week.
I don't have the 100mm version but I only wanted the 35/2, already love the 2.8 version.

konicamera wrote:

Congratulations. I also think the 35/2.0 alone was worth the 120 euros. But so is the 100/2.8. This lens is a real sleeper. It hasn't been appreciated as much as it deserves to be because as a portrait lens it was always overshadowed by the 85/1.8 and, to some extent, by the 135/2.5, both of which are much faster lenses given their focal length. The 100/2.8 is very sharp and, in contrast to the other two, fairly compact. It produces beautiful colors too.
I stopped bidding at 110 (7 euro's shipping costs), I see them going on ebay for around 200+€ and the 100mm for at least 100€ in this 'as new' state. And get another Konica Camera too Smile

konicamera wrote:

The Avanars seem to be a mixed bag (in terms of who made them). Their 28/2.8 with a 62mm filter ring looks just like some Tokina-made lenses of the first half of the 1970s, but this 200 looks exactly like my Chinon 200mm of the same period, with the exception of the aluminum edges on the focusing ring.
Yeah I'm clueless too Smile It could be any of well known third party brands, but I find it great that nobody knows anything (substantial) about these lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on those!! I've been following that ad as well, even mailed the seller, but he gave no response whatsoever!!

Looking forward to your first shots with them!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Congrats on those!! I've been following that ad as well, even mailed the seller, but he gave no response whatsoever!!

Looking forward to your first shots with them!

Hahahaha yes I've mailed him too!!! No response, seasoned seller Smile @the 110€ mark agreed to sell it. I was just looking for this lens on ebay but I didn't want to spend top dollar on another piece when I just bought my A7. Missing the 35mm f2 and 100mm konica's so my luck when finding it on a local bidding site. Rare item to find. (the 35mm).
Sorry man Smile