Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura telemore 95 II 7 K.M.C 2X TC first test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Komura telemore 95 II 7 K.M.C 2X TC first test shots Reply with quote

Two days ago i got this old and once renowned TC , havent found much info on the net or this forum so i thought of conducting unscientific tests with it ,so here goes the images , all photos were taken on a NEX-3 + built in flash in RAW and then exported via lightroom ,resized at 300 dpi ,no pp done, this first series is with the Vivitar 55/2.8 macro lens
fullframe shot + 100% crop

At f 2.8

f 4

f5.6

f8

Now Lens set at 1:3 macro position

f5.6

f8

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201311/big_6342_8_2_1.jpg]
[/url]

now one without TC at 1:3 macro position

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201311/big_6342_8_3_1.jpg]
[/url]

So IMHO the tc does affect sharpness and contrast and fstops but stopped down the images are usable ,only one bigdownside is the loss of light ,so for macro shooting i will have to get a good flash!!!! i know this is not a permanent replacement for a 90/100 mm macro lens ,but its good work around!! i will post few more tests with mid tele lenses ,as i dont have anything above 135mm so lets see how it does with tele lenses . please do comments your thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than I would have thought for most TCs
There is a temptation to use TCs with the lens wide open but of course this is generally a mistake.
You are getting good results at f/5.6 or f/8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Better than I would have thought for most TCs
There is a temptation to use TCs with the lens wide open but of course this is generally a mistake.
You are getting good results at f/5.6 or f/8

yes ,it seems so ,more over it didnt cost me much so iam more than happy to experiment !!! i hope it can perfornm same with longer lenses , i wil try and test some two lenses tomorrow, others are also asked to submit images on this thread if taken with this tele converter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f 5.6 photo with little adjustments in Lightroom