Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Carenar MC 55mm f1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Super Carenar MC 55mm f1.7 Reply with quote

I have problem with uploading and showing the images... i have no solution still. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi, guys!
I'm new, but i used this forum on numerous occasions, so i decided to register.

I have a question, i just both a Super Carenar MC 55mm f1.7 for 23 euro, and i was trying to get more info on that lens, but alas no luck.
Here are some fast sample images:

rtodorovsky.com/photos/SuperCarrenarMC1.jpg
rtodorovsky.com/photos/SuperCarrenarMC2.jpg
rtodorovsky.com/photos/SuperCarrenarMC3.jpg
rtodorovsky.com/photos/SuperCarrenarMC4.jpg

Last edited by rtodorovsky on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 am; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an anti spam measure you have to post 2 times for images to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
As an anti spam measure you have to post 2 times for images to show.

Thanks mate!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good samples, pleasants contrast and color. I think it's impossible to find a bad 50/55mm manufactured in Japan during the 70s. All I've tried are fine lenses, like that. Carena not manufactured, imported from Japan ... Cosina?

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, sharp shots. M42 or PK (Cosina)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

It's Pentax K mount. Sorry for the bad quality but my battery is completely down and i was able to squeeze one shot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
Good samples, pleasants contrast and color. I think it's impossible to find a bad 50/55mm manufactured in Japan during the 70s. All I've tried are fine lenses, like that. Carena not manufactured, imported from Japan ... Cosina?

Happy shots!

Yeah amazing detail and sharpness even at 1.7... Well i have a CZJ Tessar and it's really inferior to that lens, i'm talking image quality. May be i have a bad copy, and it's not nearly as sharp. And the bokeh on that lens (carrenar) is, well i love it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are the images:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtodorovsky wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

It's Pentax K mount. Sorry for the bad quality but my battery is completely down and i was able to squeeze one shot.

I know this lens. It's PK all-right but (most probably) not made by Cosina. It's quite genuine design.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
rtodorovsky wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

I know this lens. It's PK all-right but (most probably) not made by Cosina. It's quite genuine design.

What do you mean with "quite genuine design". I'm quite new to photography and i have limited knowledge on lens manufacturers etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not resemble anything made by Cosina. This is how it looks from front i assume:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
It does not resemble anything made by Cosina. This is how it looks from front i assume:

Like this:

I noticed that the serial number is different, and mine MC is bright orange.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina I think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Tokina I think.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Tokina I think.

Nope. Nothing to do with Tokina for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the non Super, non MC version of this, identical build in exacta mount. No letters before the serial number, not tried it out yet as I`m still waiting to snag a cheap Nex.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
I have the non Super, non MC version of this, identical build in exacta mount. No letters before the serial number, not tried it out yet as I`m still waiting to snag a cheap Nex.

Hope you like it, here some previews. Yesterday the weather was moderately good, so we went to the park, today it's starting to snow...
Enjoy:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out what it is, it's a Cimko, I found I had it sat in a drawer but mine is labelled AM Topcor MC 1.7 55mm.