Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD III 50mm 2,0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD III 50mm 2,0 Reply with quote

This lens is surprisingly good.

I had to buy it twice. First copy had mint appearance but the rear element was tilted. This copy is less sexy but performs well.

Pic taken at 2,8.

[img][/url]La lectrice | The reader by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that shot. Says volumes about our current situation and the colors are brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hans. These shots can only be caught during this peculiar period we are facing. Not speaking about Asian countries where wearing masks is part of normal behaviour.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens.

[img][/url]Fin d'automne | End of autumn by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD III 50mm 2,0 Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

It's a lens I like quite much: It's small, lightweight, nearly distortion-free (around 0.1% at infinity), and aberrations are well balanced. Unlike the faster MD-III lenses (1.2/50 and 1.4/50) it doesn't use extreme glasses; however four of its lenses are made from glasses with nD of about 1.7 and v of about 45 to 52. The lens explicitely was mentioned as a "budget" lens in Minolta documents. Visibly better than the earlier MC/MD-I 2/50mm which has a different optical construction!

S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD III 50mm 2,0 Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

It's a lens I like quite much: It's small, lightweight, nearly distortion-free (around 0.1% at infinity), and aberrations are well balanced. Unlike the faster MD-III lenses (1.2/50 and 1.4/50) it doesn't use extreme glasses; however four of its lenses are made from glasses with nD of about 1.7 and v of about 45 to 52. The lens explicitely was mentioned as a "budget" lens in Minolta documents. Visibly better than the earlier MC/MD-I 2/50mm which has a different optical construction!

S

That's one of the things I really like about Minolta. Budget lens doesn't mean Budget performance.
This is without doubt one of my most used 50mm lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly me! I use my 50 f1.2... still much more compact than the new Sony... but any good?...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have the 1,2. I wouldn't be surprised if bokeh was better and perhaps more colour saturation which are not strong points of MDIII 2,0 version. But for landscape use the humble one is hard to beat.